What do you think of this?

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
I gotta mix one song for a band pretty quickly. I started to work on it today. They recorded by themselves and there's some bad takes, bad editing, etc. I fixed everything I've been able to fix, I reamped guiatrs and bass and worked on the sound. I'd really like to have feedbacks on this test. ANY criticism/opinion/advice is very welcome!

Final mix, mastered: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36870048/Finalmix.mp3

Man thats a tough one, they both sound great, but im leaning to the MPX. It seems to me to sound better with the mix of the other instruments.

damn actually. i really cant decide. I love the tone on the SDRR too.

:) Yeah I'm in the same boat! But I tend to prefer SDRR I think. It adds some fatness. My ears are tired tho. What do you think of the guitar tone and the rest?

Thanks for listening man!

Did you listen to the full song too?
I replaced the kick by one from Metal Machine and another one I made a few months ago. The snare is two samples of mine and the toms are from the Bundy bundle (if its the right title) by Charles J Wall which are absolutely awesome imo. I had to replaced all those because the band gave me the trigger tracks only for all the drums with their samples that was not good sounding at all. So the OH are the only real stuff...
What about the guitar tone, etc.?

The three clips on the first post were done after a couple of hours of work. Listen to the one on my last post :)

Dude that sounds fucking nice, maybe the guitars are a tad to loud and/or have a bit to much mids, but I'm not shure about that :)