What does everyone think of FROM YOUR GRAVE?

punishmyheaven

New Metal Member
May 15, 2005
I was just wondering, what You people out there like, and don't like about the album, FROM YOUR GRAVE.
Post away.

Pros

-Lead guitar playing is awesome, and there's tons of it in every song
-Very well done vocals and lyrics
-Great guitar tone
-The songs seem to flow really well with each other
-Harmonies/melodies all over the place
-Good drumming

Cons

-Bass guitar is kind of hard to hear in the mix
-No bonus track on the US version! :Spin:

bcrich848 said:
your sig is orgasmic...haha

I dig the general tone of the ablum a lot...it sounds great...the vocals aren't really my style, but that's just my opinion...there's just not that much diversity/range...but overall I love the album

awesome cd, i like the guitars and vocals alot, the drumming is pretty good but i think it could've been better produced as with bass. i cant imagine how good the next cd would be :O

ahahah the tone is killer, couldn't ask for better guitar on a cd. it blew me away

From a guyu who is just starting to get into the death metal genre. I have to say that this band and this album is the fuckin shit! It's hard to believe taht it's death metal at all! But the drummin and the guitar are just amazing! Something that makes me want to get behind my drum kit and learn them!

Mark_Palangio said:
Pros

-Lead guitar playing is awesome, and there's tons of it in every song
-Very well done vocals and lyrics
-Great guitar tone
-The songs seem to flow really well with each other
-Harmonies/melodies all over the place
-Good drumming

Cons

-Bass guitar is kind of hard to hear in the mix
-No bonus track on the US version! :Spin:

Nail on head - I really like the album, looking forward to hearing more and more from this band in the future :)

Lead singer needs longer hair to match that beard though ;)

For fuck sakes no wonder there is so much hate from that actual metal community on the decent MELODIC death metal bands that are emerging from the states there fans simply put are morons. The Absence falls under what is called melodic death not death metal. Following in the shoes of the greats ala at the gates. And who gives a shit if he has long hair or not seriously the most talented grind bands around nowadays have buzzcuts or ceasars its called having jobs to support your music hobby on the side. As long as they keep paying homage to the great genre that melo deth is and continue to grow with there next cd they will rmain on top of the american melo deth bands just please don't start tuning your guitars to CGCFAD and everything will be fine "breathe breathe".

The Absence's cd was awesome Melodic Death Metal. They are one of 2 Melodic Death bands from here in the US. The other is Dark Haven http://myspace.com/darkhaven
They're pretty awesome too. :kickass:
Cant wait for my friends' band to start recording because it sounds like some good Melodic Death Metal

i love the album.nothing really bad about it.except i noticed the beggining of I, Deciever sounds a little bit like one of The Black Dhalia Murder's songs

It is a good melodic death CD. Bonus points for being an American band and actually releasing something interesting in the melodic death genre. Soloing / leads are top notch and interesting throughout the record.

First four tracks flow well and are very pleasing to listen to. And are probably my favorite set on the album. I was actually really surprised that they didn't play Necropolis live because the main verse riffing as well as the chorus is absolutely bad ass.

Heaven Ablaze I like the chorus section and the section right before the chorus. Don't care for the rest of the song.

Summoning The Darkness is pretty good, I dig the soloing.

Shattered... Nah.

I, Deceiver. Production change kind of confused me, but I think the song is good other than the snare rolls at the end of each riff during the verse.

My Ruin. An okay song, in my opinion. Has great solos though.

Seven Demons. I don't like this song at all, vocals especially.