What does everyone think of FROM YOUR GRAVE?

Good album, I've been listening to it a lot. I think the lead guitars could be higher up in the mix, along with the bass. Some of the drumming wasn't to my taste, either. The next album or two will be phenomonal.

From a guyu who is just starting to get into the death metal genre. I have to say that this band and this album is the fuckin shit! It's hard to believe taht it's death metal at all! But the drummin and the guitar are just amazing! Something that makes me want to get behind my drum kit and learn them!

Thats cuz it isn't Death metal at all dude, Melodic Death Metal is its Own Genre and sounds nothing like Death Metal.

I think its a pretty cool First Release.

Pros - I love the harmonized leads/melodys everywhere esp in the first like 6 songs, Vocals i also find pretty cool

Cons - I mean yeah its catchy as fuck but its not really that original, there thousands of bands playing those at the gate riffs but the Lead Guitar playing saves this album cuz i find myself going back to it and Getting all excited when those parts come up.

These guys stood out to me, as I have reason to believe metal hasn't been very good these days, I mean it all just seems the same to me.

and then comes the absences that has alot of great metal and melody. normally when i hear melodic metal it degenerates into singing about elves and dragons and stuff, so i thought it was good that it didn't go down that road.

i loved necropolis, i,deceiver, seven demons, a breath beneath, and the danse was pretty good too.

-Logan

i think From Your Grave is one of the best melodeath albums that i've heard in a while. i think the guitar work is awesome, the drumming is awesome, the vocals are awesome, and the songwriting is awesome.

Criticism:I wish the bass was louder I wish the drumming was a little more complex I wish Jamie did alot more low throats because the high ones don't sound inhuman enough (!Behemoth's are perfect!)

Praise:Can't believe its their first album, it's that good. The solos are very blues-like in a way and have way more to offer than speed (Fuck C.O.B. and Dragonforce for that).

If Riders Of The Plague is anything like this, I will be happy. There are 3 things in life you cannot live without. Sex, Beer and Melodic Death Metal.:Smug: