What does it mean?

yeah maybe english isn't his first language. but, there is also possibility he is native to english :lol: some of the words he said are sorta legitimate and understandable that the layman wouldn't know the meaning of. give him a break

Liaison - to meet up/make a connection
Orchard - small bounded collection of [apple] trees
Achromatic - colourless
Amaranth - a seed
Awe - admiration
Madrigal - short poem/music
Concubine - 2nd and unnofficial wife
Florid - not sure sorry
Sepulchral - im guessing this has something to do with burial or funerals
Shant - Shan't? .. basically means shall not
Epitaph - what is written on your grave
Jonah - jonah is a biblical character to be branded a jonah is to be seen as unlucky or a bad person
Miasma - unhabitable atmosphere/poisonous gas
Stilted - not sure sorry
Benighted - to be overtaken by nightfall or darkness
Pock - not sure sorry
Hibernal - relating to winter in some way
Haggard - worn out
Reeling - to reel something out? like pull it out .. or something i dunno
Tantrum - a big anger fit
Stigma - relating to females, stigma is the female part of a flower
Knell - the sound of a bell ringing
Hemlock - a tree or a plant or something i think
Jackal - an animal, kinda wolfish foxish thing

daz436 said:
Florid - not sure sorry
Stilted - not sure sorry
Pock - not sure sorry

Florid -
1. Flushed with rosy color; ruddy.
2. Very ornate; flowery: a florid prose style.

Stilted -
1. Stiffly or artificially formal; stiff.
2. Architecture. Having some vertical length between the impost and the beginning of the curve. Used of an arch.

Pock -
1. A pustule caused by smallpox or a similar eruptive disease.
2. A mark or scar left in the skin by such a pustule; a pockmark.

biggsy said:
man really no offense but AWE? are you serious? just check out a dictionary and get them in context a couple of times.

yeah. im pretty sure mikael even keeps a thesaurus at hand while writing lyrics. but still, u should atleast know some of those, awe, haggard, epitaph, come on man.

It is pretty crazy that this Swedish band has a bigger vocabulary than a lot of English-speaking bands.

Let me define a few of these words better...some were incomplete, others were straight up wrong:

Liaison - some sort of connection. It sometimes refers to a romantic relationship, usually one that's not too socially acceptable, i.e. an extramarital affair
Amaranth - a mythical flower that was supposed to live forever. Maybe some kind of real flower too, but I figure the first definition is what the song refers to
Awe - amazement
Concubine - a member of a harem, basically...a king's ho
Sepulchral - A sepulchre is a tomb, so pertaining to a tomb or sepulchre.
Miasma - a foreboding or threatening atmosphere, or a poisonous one.
Benighted - to be overtaken by nightfall or darkness - but also refers to someone who's ignorant, unenlightend, or figuratively "in the dark"
Pock - a blemish or bad mark on something, for example the moon's surface is pockmarked
Reeling - To give an example, if someone hit you really hard and you were all knocked out and dizzy, you'd be reeling. It kind of means not standing steadily or spinning or something. Often it's used figuratively, like a city was left reeling by a bombing raid or something.
Stigma - an extremely negative social connotation attached to some condition...for example, being gay in a conservative Christian area.
Knell - the sound of a bell ringing
Hemlock - poisonous plant

I don't even know what song half these words appear in...where are "concubine", "sepulchral," "hemlock"?

English is the way America spread its evil cultural supremacy upon inferior sentient beings.

I say each non american english band speaking english is a victory of the american empire.
Akerfeldt would still working in his music store if Opeth kept their native language.
Speak English or die, how fascist the world is coming to.

Which reminds me a strange thing :

Why people in space always speak English : Star Wars, Star Trek ( even Aliens !!)
Didn't know somebody would seek their revenge in this time or the next in roman times (Gladiator) ? Alea Jacta Est.
Even animals and cars speak in English ( Come on !!!) : Nemo, Cars

Saw an interview of the great Kazakhstan philosopher Borat who asked the following question :

Is it still legal to kill Indians in America ?

To which I would add :
Why NAvajo isn't the official language in this country ?

Vive l'Amerique !!!

Death_To_False_Metal said:
English is the way America spread its evil cultural supremacy upon inferior sentient beings.

I say each non american english band speaking english is a victory of the american empire.
Akerfeldt would still working in his music store if Opeth kept their native language.

Why people in space always speak English : Star Wars, Star Trek ( even Aliens !!)
Didn't know somebody would seek their revenge in this time or the next in roman times (Gladiator) ? Alea Jacta Est.

Saw an interview of the great Kazakhstan philosopher Borat who asked the following question :

Is it still legal to kill Indians in America ?

To which I would add :
Why NAvajo isn't the official language in this country ?

Vive l'Amerique !!!

I think the main reason people speak english is not due to reppression or fascism but simply as a means of reaching a wider audience. It just so happens that when the British empire spread around the world english became the most common language. and in space people speak english because its easier to. and im pretty sure a lot of aliens in star wars speak different languages.

HerrGodhead said:
I think the main reason people speak english is not due to reppression or fascism but simply as a means of reaching a wider audience. It just so happens that when the British empire spread around the world english became the most common language. and in space people speak english because its easier to. and im pretty sure a lot of aliens in star wars speak different languages.

thats why all the kling-on spoken metal bands fail.

Death_To_False_Metal said:

Yeah, cultural influence is so fascist.

Get used to it....just like people 2000 years ago got used to Greek and Roman, and how Americans in a few decades will be getting used to Spanish, and how people in a few hundred years will probably be getting used to Chinese.

Wow, you're not too smart...maybe it's because those movies were all made by ENGLISH SPEAKING PEOPLE? And if someone in Germany made a movie about aliens, they would be speaking German? Because that's what the people making it speak?

Jeez.

So nobody answered the 20 million dollars Borat question : License to kill Indians in 2006 : Myth or reality ?

And if this license doesn't exist anymore, what brought people to think that they had the right to do it in the first place ?

Thank You.