what dyall think of the new stuff?

i think all in all its sounds great, definetly fresh, but it might aleinate a few of the old guard in the process

I will never let me be aleinated!:) Saxon is too precious, to let down..Critical I'll stay, but never let this band down, if that should be the case I would put myself down! Saxon never did disappoint me,...that can only do the management..

Ive played it a couple more times and i like it!!!

The drum beats do work well in context with the various changing rhythms and tempos when you listen, i mean if it was just one standard type of beat all the way through it would not work and you would hear that more so, its down to the production of a rough mix why it may sound strange at first. I think. Technically it was good stuff.

Just my opinion, im no drummer. I think ive played drums once perhaps twice and found it extremely difficult.

Technical stuff aside (which, frankly, I'm not arsed about!), I am not disputing that drumming is difficult - I'm just saying that the fast drumming bit is not to my taste. I'm sure Nigel will be gutted. :rolleyes: :Smug:

Technical stuff aside (which, frankly, I'm not arsed about!), I am not disputing that drumming is difficult - I'm just saying that the fast drumming bit is not to my taste. I'm sure Nigel will be gutted. :rolleyes: :Smug:

Lol fair enough. So i take it you dont like black metal then? some of that drumming is very speedy indeed! I like really fast double bass drum stuff myself, sounds great!

So i take it you dont like black metal then?

Probably not! Like I said earlier - I'm not into the drums as a rule, I much prefer guitar :) I won't pretend to know who is good at drumming/guitaring (is that a word? lol) or anything else - I just listen to the music, and if I like it, I like it, and if I don't, I don't - that's as "technical" as I get! I just enjoy the music and not worry or think too deeply about "man" things like production, etc :D

Im not convinced by this whole, lets raise Saxons profile stuff, i mean yeh id love Saxon to get the recognition they deserve, but i dont think its them, i mean theres plenty of old school and newer ROCK bands that dont get a look in or any credit, and thats not down to them, its just down to the fact that alot of people listen to crap music

I understand what your saying but i think its a case of who you know, not what you play! which is a shame ,but I still can,t help wishing biff 57 paul 56 a good pension! robsaxon
don,t let the bastards grind you down!

Haven't heard any of the new material yet - but from the all the threads it sounds great !:headbang: :headbang: Can't wait to hear some at Sheffield !!

Cheers,

Goss.

Cheers to valanx for sending us the songs, Cant make me mind up yet which version of if i was you i like the best, but i like the song, Attila the hun mmm not sure bought this one think need to hear the full track a few times before make me mind up about it

Hmmm, you guys have me curious about the drumming on Attila the Hun. Nigel has always been a great drummer but maybe he's getting a bit too busy on this one? I know that I've heard people make that comment regarding his playing on the chorus of "Unleash the Beast". I don't feel that way but I know some that do.

I think Valanx is on the right track. It could just be a problem related to an early rough mix. If the drums are too high in the mix it could make them sound out of place. Can't wait to hear this stuff!