What happens to my rig?

Jevil

Pro Evolution Fucker
Apr 18, 2006
Basque Country
www.soulitude-web.com
I've noticed lately when I'm playing through Triaxis+Pavey Poweramp+Marshall 1960 V30 some noises that make my playing dirty and untight.
It is like small 'weee-weee'...slight wheezing noises and fingers sliding noises.
I checked the Poweramp and seems to be ok. Tubes of the triaxis were chenged 6 months ago.

I hope this weekend I can record a sample because it is very dificult to explain by words.

Might be a bad input tube then?
(Overloads by to high input levels.)

Might be a bad input tube then?
(Overloads by to high input levels.)

I changed V1 and V2 position tubes to check it, different brands and models, but nothing imporved.

colonel kurtz said:
is the battery dying on the EMGs?

Didn't check it, but I used 2 different guitars (with same pickups). Both guitars should be our of battery then, I don't think so, but anywasy I´ll check the battery.

Umm, yea. I didn't hear it at first listening through laptop speaker, put on the headphones....yea I think I hear what you are describing. As to what's causing it, I have no idea.

I would still do the chopstick trick on the preamp tubes. I recently(few months ago) acquired a used Mesa Rectoverb combo. Wouldn't you know it, ever damn preamp tube was microphonic. Don't know that I've ever seen a set of 5 all be bad.

Also the battery in the EMG guitars, check 'em.

Might want to check your cables and such too. Many years ago I had sprung for, what I thought, was a really nice cable. Used this one cable with all my amps, all my guitars. It was the one piece that never changed. I started getting this real shitty tone suck thing going and tore my rig apart trying to find out the source. Turned out it was one of the last things I checked, the cable. It developed a bad connection on one of the ends, resoldered and was good as new. Moral of the story, check things from your fingers down.

Was it always like this with the EMG guitars or is it something new. Had you used this preset/config before without the buzzing?

I just discovered, that this problem is only when selecting LEAD 1 Mode (Rectifier). More feedback, more hum... that is not normal, cause I've been told that channel Lead 1 is less noisy than Lead 2.