What have they done?

BurningDownTheMiddle

Threshold Fan since 1989
Feb 15, 2007
Scotland (Borders)
What have they done? (I mean Threshold)

My wife went with me to the Peel, having previously described progressive music as "funny noises and songs that you fall asleep during and when you wake up the same one is playing"

She would allow the occasional Threshold CD in the car (about 1 in 5)

And then she saw them live

We had the full setlist (and more) played on the way home, she wants to go to Zoetermeer, and tonight..........

...........she came in singing the words to Slipstream.

It may have been the fluorescent beer glasses, the peck on the cheek from a sweaty DW or just the up close and personal performance. But whatever the cause -

They've created a monster!!!:devil::OMG:

From looking at the symptons, I would have said it was safe to say that Threshold now own your wife's soul. It is a sad, but common case. Do not be surprised if the current symptons are followed by irrational spending sprees on the band webshop and secret midnight worship.

What have they done? (I mean Threshold)

My wife went with me to the Peel, having previously described progressive music as "funny noises and songs that you fall asleep during and when you wake up the same one is playing"

She would allow the occasional Threshold CD in the car (about 1 in 5)

And then she saw them live

We had the full setlist (and more) played on the way home, she wants to go to Zoetermeer, and tonight..........

...........she came in singing the words to Slipstream.

It may have been the fluorescent beer glasses, the peck on the cheek from a sweaty DW or just the up close and personal performance. But whatever the cause -

They've created a monster!!!:devil::OMG:

I took a friend along to Zaandam and she more or less experienced the same...

Have I mentioned that during a trip to visit my father during the Eastern holidays earlier this year, I managed to turn all my kids into Threshold fans! Leo, my now growling 3½ year old, is telling everyone that 'Slipstream' is his favourite song in the world. And, to some delight, performing with a small guitar and singing/growling every once in a while at home. He really likes to ROCK! :headbang:

My teenage daughters, 15 and 17, both enjoy Threshold as well. 'This is your life' as well as 'Phenomenom' has been appearing on my 15 year old's blog, and the 17 year old loooves 'Pilot in a sky of dreams' and keeps singing on 'Elusive'.

All that was needed was to play the first two songs of the Dead Reckoning album 3-4 times in a row, and they were hooked! :loco:

My gf loves Threshold, and 'Innocent' in particular, hence I've been trying to get the guys to play it live ever since I started going to their concerts in Holland :p

.....caught singing prog metal and then outed on a prog metal forum :oops:

I blame the Surrey beer :kickass: and my husband - who will be appropriately dealt with.

How am I ever going to live this down in my world of New Jersey Rock n Roll????

Fortunately I have 3 dates with my therapist Dr Bruce to get me back on the straight and narrow.

Still, Amsterdam sounds fun....see y'all further on up the road...shhhhh

That was before I got into contact with their music though :(

I'm sure they'll bring it back on the setlist if I keep nagging every time I talk to them, and keep posting it here on the forums every now and then :p

oh! and welcome, B-B-T-L :D

.....caught singing prog metal and then outed on a prog metal forum :oops:

I blame the Surrey beer :kickass: and my husband - who will be appropriately dealt with.

How am I ever going to live this down in my world of New Jersey Rock n Roll????

Fortunately I have 3 dates with my therapist Dr Bruce to get me back on the straight and narrow.

Still, Amsterdam sounds fun....see y'all further on up the road...shhhhh

If only there was an Amsterdam show... I think Cello agrees would save us both a lot of traveling:lol:

If only there was an Amsterdam show... I think Cello agrees would save us both a lot of traveling:lol:

oh hell yeah!

50 minutes by train beats sitting in a car for an hour and a half to get to Zoetermeer :p Though the Zaandam gig was even closer than Amsterdam :p

Granted, it doesn't match up with how much some of you guys have to travel to see a show though :p

I took Mrs Taxi Driver to see the guys in poole and unfortunatly Damien had the same effect on her too!Gonna take her to London in november tho cos i want to see them again!