what IF cliff burton was alive and was the bassist for cob?

I like this idea! Too bad he's dead. Blacksmith is a very average player. Nothing special at all. The only true talents of COB are Alexi & Janne. The other guys are extremely average. Go ahead and flame me if you want. It's the truth.

Seeing as how most metal bass players lack the charisma that Cliff used to carry Metallica into the metal scene, it would e great to hear, but unfortunately, theres no way of telling how they would get along musically... its a different world of metal there than it was then, but I think that Cliff would definitely love Children of Bodom, and that that combination would kick a lot of ass, although their current bass player does a good enough job for the time being.
Rock On

:lol: "It's the truth."

So you're saying Jaska, Henkka, and Ale have no talent because they don't play fast stuff often? Are you fucking retarded? Yes, you are... do you realize that all your fav CoB riffs were made by these guys too? And that Jaska goes insanely fast when he wants to and is as precise as any drum machine? All the band members like the kind of riffs that Ale and Henkka do... they could go faster, obviously, but they don't want to... it would change CoB's sound. Remember that they have said in interviews that they like a simple sound; basic riffs...

Bodomer >>

Ale and Blacksmith may not be the AAA+ kind, altough they do their job very well :) But to say that Jaska is "extremely average" is just foolish.

Yeah, CoB are Alexi, Ale, Henkka, Jaska and Janne. I can´t imagine this group without 1 of them...

Yeah, Burton is the best bass player ever, but CoB have his own thing.

Don't care. Cliff's dead and the Bodom guys do a damn good job. Don't wanna see a line up change. As someone already said, that wouldn't be Bodom anymore. Why change a winning team ?

By the way : -average- ???!! Needless to comment.

Ale is a very good player, henkka is excellent and on drum, sorry, but jaska whit the drum fuckin' rule.
sure, alexis is fuckin' great, janne too, but all COB are excellent.

the band would sound fuckin different if only one of em would be missing

guys, Henkka is hot:lol:

and as Zicrom said, it's impossible for me to imagine COB without 1 of the members.......

and hey, all of them are pretty talented!:eek:

Originally posted by flaminfetus
how would react if cliff was the bassist for cob? i think that would be so....AWSOME!!:headbang:
but still i like blacksmith, just a thought!

let the man rest in peace and don´t say "if he were..." stuff...
he is dead and thats all... he were a good bassist but he is dead and let he rest peace

i hope you understanded what i meaned...

Edit: and don´t compare musicians with different styles...