what if...

skezzmo

The Duke of Suede
Nov 26, 2008
Pittsburgh
I've wandered for a while now what the fans and the rock/heavy metal community in general would think if Freddy Mercury (Queen) were still alive and was in a relationship with Robert Halford (Judas Priest), as they are both known to be gay. I myself am not gay, but I am a big fan of both men and their bands. I've asked friends before and I've got mixed results, so lets hear what you'd think.

Pretty bizarre question, but I'll bite....

Personally, it's not my thing, but whatever they want to do, fine. It would not make me any less of a fan of either bands music.

Pretty bizarre question, but I'll bite....

Agree, so much so that it ruined my appetite and I couldnt bite. Its like whats the point ? WTF cares. Freddy had a phenominal voice, wrote and sang on some awesome songs, hes dead. Rob has an awesome voice, wrote and sang on some awesome songs, hes still live. End of story

If they had actually "gotten together" one thing is for certain: Halford would not be here today.

Sad but true. Or maybe Rob had talked Freddy about the dangers and he never got AIDS in the first place. We'll never knew don't we, because what if?.

What if? is the curse of the mind, that unknown place that it's already gone and we never knew the truth, so all that's left is guilt and regret of what if?. Or what if? becomes just mere speculation at the mercy of the fantasies we build in our minds. Either way, what if? doesn't worth a dime.

P.S. Most probably Freddy would have said to Rob 'I Want it All' and Rob would have said 'Love You To Death' (I know it's a damn cruel joke :oops:).

I've wandered for a while now what the fans and the rock/heavy metal community in general would think if Freddy Mercury (Queen) were still alive and was in a relationship with Robert Halford (Judas Priest), as they are both known to be gay. I myself am not gay, but I am a big fan of both men and their bands. I've asked friends before and I've got mixed results, so lets hear what you'd think.

I've actually read Rob talking about them seeing each other in a bar once, completely accidentally. They just nodded to acknowledge each other.

Rob is definitely a Queen fan.