What is attendance like?

buzz21

Medicated
May 4, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.mpp.org
I'm debating on whether or not to get my tix in advance for the L.A. show on July 30. I hate to pay Ticketmonster any extra money if I know I can get them at the venue. How have the crowds been...any sellouts?

last time opeth played here in LA they sold out... it was sad looking at all the people outside who thought they could buy tickets right before the show...
And this time PT are playing with them too, so i imagine they will sell out a few days in advance? Im not sure though; dont take a gamble if you really want to see them.

in philly, there was a line that rapped all the way around the block... here, i didnt have a ticket, and was the next to last person to get in to buy tickets at the door.
i took a pic of the line as best i could:
If the link doesnt work, try copy pasting the address it into your browser

http://sipclan.tripod.com/000_0031.jpg

Just got the ticket - base price $17.50....total price after fees and charges $30.10 holy shit! I guess its better than driving 2 hours to L.A. and seeing a sold-out sign in the window, but jeez....what a racket! The band has to tour their asses off night after night to make a few dollars, and then Ticketmonster makes almost a 100% markup just to print some paper.....damn theives!

Id said:
$30?! That's fucking wrong. Damn, I guess I'll have to go to the venue and buy the tickets tomorrow or something.

thats your best bet but can be a pain in the ass

good to see a fellow futurama fan on the board :Spin:

I'd love to see a line that "rapped" all the way around the block. I have to ask why were they rapping in line to a metal gig?

As for the ticket thieves I concur. I am in Australia and saw them in Perth and they were awesome! I would gladly pay $30US (I paid $27US equivalent) to see them as they are worth every cent and more! It is a disgrace that the booking agents can charge so much extra.

Don't begrudge the band money, they are superb and give more than you pay for.

Voevod666 said:
I'd love to see a line that "rapped" all the way around the block. I have to ask why were they rapping in line to a metal gig?

As for the ticket thieves I concur. I am in Australia and saw them in Perth and they were awesome! I would gladly pay $30US (I paid $27US equivalent) to see them as they are worth every cent and more! It is a disgrace that the booking agents can charge so much extra.

Don't begrudge the band money, they are superb and give more than you pay for.

i ment wrapped around the block, i know i made a mistake, but if your not able to understand that thats what i ment, then well, ill be watching for your next mistake