what is the best anselmo??

Alyona

I have his hat
Feb 4, 2002
London
Visit site
its my friends birthday in 2 days and he is in love with phil anselmo! he already owns all pantera albums so I was just wondering what is the best other band that phily is in?

Well thee's 'Down', theyre kinda stoner-y, not too bad although not really my thing

There's Superjoint Ritual, which has Anselmo on vocals and is apparently quite similar to Pantera. Havent heard any of it but if your friend is a real Pantera freak he should enjoy it!

Originally posted by random_phil
Viking Crown and Necrophagia are really good, but I'm not sure how much Phil is involved in those bands. I think he's definitely in Viking Crown, but its disputable as to whether he's in Necrophagia or not.

Viking Crown is Phil and Opal's (his wife) band and it utterly sucks goat ass! Its supposed to be black metal but came out shit instead. Bad production, bad music, bad period. btw I love Phil's stuff but even I'll stay away from VC!

Phil played guitar under the name Anton Crowley in Necrophagia.

Down II is fucking awesome! If you ever wanted to see if Phil had a different vocal range than that of Pantera check it out. You shouldnt be dissapointed as it is one of the best of 2002 IMO.

Superjoint is ok. Most all the songs are very short and some just end like the electricity just went out all of a sudden. Nearly all of the songs are from around 95'. Phil does play guitar on it though.

Originally posted by random_phil
Viking Crown and Necrophagia are really good, but I'm not sure how much Phil is involved in those bands. I think he's definitely in Viking Crown, but its disputable as to whether he's in Necrophagia or not.

He is i saw him on the video, he plays guitars and i must say Diamond Darrel is his teacher and it shows.

I thought Viking Crown sucked, and Necrophagia always HAS sucked, so there's not much to say about this subject....

I think it's funny that he's all "black metal" now, when after his OD in 94 he gave all these interviews saying shit like "I saw God and he said it wasn't my time, so I'm here to fulfill my purpose" and other such shit...

vikingcrown2.jpg

Weird.. I assume that's him on the right?

phil.jpeg

He loves his stylistic changes..

Think pantera in the glam years.. lol... I'll check out some of his stuff anyway.. It's got me curious..