What is the best Neil Turbin project one should look into for first timers..?

The Threatcon Delta cd is the best showcase of Neil's work. It demonstrates killer vocal performances and great songwriting. TD sounds like a 2003 album, not something that sounds dated

Well I am a fan of Both Anthrax and Neil. And I would say(Like I said I) it wounds dated. Does that mean its bad?.. No, Just sounds like something from the late 80's thats all.. and sorry to say, its not better than Anthrax., any Anthrax for that matter...

Well I am a fan of Both Anthrax and Neil. And I would say(Like I said I) it wounds dated. Does that mean its bad?.. No, Just sounds like something from the late 80's thats all.. and sorry to say, its not better than Anthrax., any Anthrax for that matter...

Buddy- You're entitled to your own opinion. Here's mine:

Turbin sounds better than ever on his new disc. Much better than Fistfull of Metal for me. Ppl that like monotone vocals will like Nu-Anthrax! Anthrax as a band has been together for 20 years (even if there's only one original member left! - not at all the same band) and they're signed to a major label for metal - Santuary. They also had a sizeable budget for album, videos, etc. I don't think that Neil has any intention of competing with them in the least.

That would be like someone who was somewhat successful and never won a championship and who's retired from racing, that comes back to race again and tries to race against Al Unser, Jr.

I don't think Neil wanted THreatcon Delta to be Fistfull of Metal Part 2. Why should he copy Anthrax when he doesnt need to!

Praetorian said:
Ppl that like monotone vocals will like Nu-Anthrax! Anthrax as a band has been together for 20 years (even if there's only one original member left! - not at all the same band) and they're signed to a major label for metal - Santuary.
1. John Bush is monotone? Now I've heard it all.
2. There's only been one remaining original member of Anthrax left since shortly after Fistful of Metal came out.

I think "Threatcon Delta" has a great original thrash sound to it, but it's certainly not dated by any means, what it really comes down to is "what kind of music do you like?". If you like real sounding metal, then you will love "Threatcon Delta". There is certainly nothing new metal about it. I'll stop by in the next couple of days with a full review of the album if you would like.

Sincerely,

AugDawg