What is your favorite Kalmah album?

Gotta say I haven't really listened to anything else than Seventh Swamphony :D

I know this is a major bump but I've only recently discovered Kalmah and I'm really impressed. I've been a huge Children Of Bodom for bloody years and years and not long ago someone recommended Kalmah to me because he said they're similar to Bodom.

Anyways, I really like 12 Gauge and Swampsong. Fantastic albums.

While I don't really hear any similarities to Bodom, IMO Kalmah's entire catalogue is far stronger than Bodom's.
If you like those two, I'd suggest The Black Waltz, it's my fave Kalmah.

I know this is a major bump but I've only recently discovered Kalmah and I'm really impressed. I've been a huge Children Of Bodom for bloody years and years and not long ago someone recommended Kalmah to me because he said they're similar to Bodom.

Anyways, I really like 12 Gauge and Swampsong. Fantastic albums.
lol u recently heard of kalmah? i heard of them back in middle school lol

Swamplord and it's not even close. Heritance of Berija, Hades, Withering Away and Black Roija are all quality songs. Let's not forget Alteration or Dance of the Water

anyone know if the band is in the studio recording for a 2016 release?

Yes, on their facebook page they showed a photo of one of the band members in the recording studio. So I'm assuming they are preparing for a new album. If not for a 2016 release it'll probably be early 2017

"they will return" and "swampsong". especially "swampsong", the atmosphere on that one is perfect. it also features one of my all-time favourite album covers. my least favourite is "for the revolution", but that doesn't mean i don't enjoy it!

They Will Return

Swamplord is awesome but the production is a little iffy. A lot of compression and distortion make it hard to listen to for extended periods.

They Will Return reaches total perfection for me. Good bass and rhythm that hits hard, super long back-to-back-to-back solo passages, awesome thrash rhythms, aggressive vocals... band was super fresh and nothing seems like a rehash.