what i've been working on.

how did you achieve that sound on your guitars? what eq or chain settings, sounds very nice! podxT?

podfarm, unfortunately...though it does help to track with nice guitars (ltd ec-1000 with emgs and a prs custom 22). i don't bother with a live amp for one song. definitely will be reamp when they decide to do their ep but i digress.

the podfarm settings i used are as follows:
noise gate (thresh: -33db, decay: 25)
tube screamer (drive 0, gain 100, tone 35)
j-800 model (gain 5, bass 8, mid 6, treble 7, pres 6, vol 7)
treadplate cab w/ no room, condenser mic

the guitar bus is a LA3A (set to comp) with gain & peak reduction at about 5. then a highpass at 100hz and cuts at 400hz and 4khz.

sounds damn clean, like a bit too roomy but well controlled, i fucking love it m/ how the fuck do you go about your mixes man...

thank you! i agree about the roominess. i had a snare with much less reverb in my initial mix then the band brought in their own sample which already had a fuckton of verb on it. it's growing on me.

what do you mean by how do i go about my mixes?

yeh i mean, your sound is one of the cleanest i've heard around, i'm not asking for a full 500 page pdf about your workflow but... you seem to have everything so controlled i'm dying to know how, i can't ever seem to get any close to that polished sound =( , do you start with gtr tone? or bass? then what? and so on, just a quickie, and keep up the goodnes :kickass:

really liking the guitar tone, but i think it's lacking a bit of lows? or maybe it's the whole mix in general.

otherwise, it's a fucking great mix!

thanks,

yeh i mean, your sound is one of the cleanest i've heard around, i'm not asking for a full 500 page pdf about your workflow but... you seem to have everything so controlled i'm dying to know how, i can't ever seem to get any close to that polished sound =( , do you start with gtr tone? or bass? then what? and so on, just a quickie, and keep up the goodnes :kickass:

after everything is tracked, i get a rough drum mix going on. they continue to get tweaked throughout the mix session (usually tons of 200-400hz work). then guitars, bass and vocals. when i'm starting to feel it, i'll import a mix or two from a big name to see where mine stands. once i started compressing each track / group, mix mixes got a lot better...as well as making sure everything sits in its own frequency range (high / lowpass). hope that helps! honestly, i don't really have much method yet.

podfarm, unfortunately...though it does help to track with nice guitars (ltd ec-1000 with emgs and a prs custom 22). i don't bother with a live amp for one song. definitely will be reamp when they decide to do their ep but i digress.

the podfarm settings i used are as follows:
noise gate (thresh: -33db, decay: 25)
tube screamer (drive 0, gain 100, tone 35)
j-800 model (gain 5, bass 8, mid 6, treble 7, pres 6, vol 7)
treadplate cab w/ no room, condenser mic

the guitar bus is a LA3A (set to comp) with gain & peak reduction at about 5. then a highpass at 100hz and cuts at 400hz and 4khz.

j-800??? WOW AWESOME GOTTA TRY THAT!