What kind of monitor stands do you use?

RedDog

Humanoid typhoon
Sep 7, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Currently I'm building my own.

http://db.tt/10b6vq3F

Two 18 x 18's & 1 x 1's of MDF, some L brackets, and a4 inch pvc pipe @ 3.5 ft.

http://db.tt/FKWMIM8i

Filling the pvc pipe with sand for mass. It's not pretty, but it's functional. I drilled holes into the pipe and bolted the brackets in place so it's reusable if I ever fuck up the MDF. Diy, you know? Post some pictures of your stands so I can build prettier stuff in the future, wil you guys?

Thanks!

I'm actually building monitor stands too right now!
MDF, same as you, only without the pipes so that it just goes on the table. I'm at the painting stage, applied like 5 layers of paint already and I should probably get my ass from the chair and check if it's dry... Will post pictures once done. Nothing fancy.
Did you apply sandpaper on the MDF? I tried but I hate sanding. Gives me the chills...

I haven't, I may sand down the pvc later (the way it's bolted on is detachable) and paint it then, but I don't know how aerosol will stick.

I built my own using MDF and filled them with sand. Made a great improvement to the monitoring.

I use these:

monitor%20stands.jpg

I filled them with sand.

+1

Wish they were a bit sturdier. They rock back'n'forth too easily. If I did it over again I'd probably fill them with lead shot.

That's basically what I did, except instead of lead shot (cause it would probably cost well over a grand to fill them with that) I just went to a firing range and grabbed a couple bucket-fulls of spent shotgun shells for free. It took a few hours to pick out all of the brass and plastic, but my stands are heavy as fuck now. You Aussie's like yer guns, don't ya?

Was just checking posts about stands- the Sound Anchors site is dead.

Btw are all these stands (apart from the weight) capable of handling two monitors placed horizontally, one on top of the other?
Better said, is it appropriate to use them like that?