What kind of pedals does Flo use?

I'd be willing to bet he uses Axis pedals, like most of the super fast DM drummers.

Direct drive, no chain, shorter travel, and more precise control, but less tactile feedback....

If you want to hear Flo (Cryptopsy) play 'Angel of Death' go to Le Medley on Nov. 9th in Montreal, he will be playing a bunch of '80s thrash tunes in a band called Blackcloud (also with ex-Voivod Blacky). Other bands they will cover - Kreator, Metallica, Exodus, Possessed... Pierre Rémillard (Obliveon) will be on guitar.

Flo is my favorite drummer, he is sick.

I use cheap-ass Pacific pedals with no tension and a single chain. I've practiced for a year, and my shin muscles feel like metal bars when I tighten my legs.

I can play 16 notes a second on a good day with both feet.

If I got these Powershifter Eliminators, would I kick as fast as Flo?

Reactions: Hammer of Might
Flo is quite fast....My guess is somewhere between 1050 and 1150 bpm ....1200 is getting "inhuman" though I've heard stuff that fast or a bit faster...but not with Flo's consistancy or complexity, at that speed.

Yeah, that's the thing. It's all very well playing insanely fast with the feet, but if you are unable to make it interesting like Flo, then it won't add much to a band.

I used a metronome to work out that the approximate speed at which I can comfortably play 16s with the feet is a pitiful 560 bpm!

Oh well, at least I'm improving! :p

Demonstealer said:
do any of u guys also freak on drummer like
nick barker,gene hoglan and richard christy???
also derek roddy is fucking insane check out his intruction video
They're all good...but...

Flo > Nick, Gene, Richard, Derek

High On Maiden said:
I used a metronome to work out that the approximate speed at which I can comfortably play 16s with the feet is a pitiful 560 bpm!

Oh well, at least I'm improving! :p
Are you kidding? Anything consistent and precise that's over 480bpm is great! 480 itself is commendable.