What Music Have You Bought Recently?

Went to an annual progfest here in Gothenburg and saw these bands (among a few others), they were really great.

indukti2005.jpg

Indukti - S.U.S.A.R.

cover_25410272005.jpg

Overhead - Metaepitome

the last album I bought was for my wife..."Sea change" by Beck.....very somber/mellow and melodic record.......love it...!!!!......PEAC EOUT

Just Dl'ed from eMusic:

11072579_155_155.jpeg

Dark Tranquility - The Gallery

11013061_155_155.jpeg

Nadja - Touched (not so sure about this one. Thought I'd give it a try. Maybe it's a grower?)

10750930_155_155.jpeg

Anathema - Fine Day to Exit (Why did I wait this long to give Anathema a shot???)

So what should I get next, Sadguru? Is their early stuff with death vox anywhere near as good?

leave their first two albums for later. i think their best album is alternative 4, but eternity is pretty close as well. if you like these, you'll like judgement as well. their last two albums are less metal than these, but especially the last one, a natural disaster, is a very good album.

So what should I get next, Sadguru? Is their early stuff with death vox anywhere near as good?
I don't this so. When it comes to doom metal, Serenades, Pentacost III and The Silent Enigma definitely paved the way for this genre. However, those albums just look pale by today's standard. Also, the death vox are absolutely terrible and most definitely some of the worst I've ever heard.

Here's a live song from their Serenades album, check it out:

To this day, I still think that Alternative 4 is Anathema's strongest record to date. If you can find that one, jump on it. Otherwise, Eternity is a good compromise between their doom metal era and their prog rock era. Judgement is also very, very good and without a doubt another fan's favourite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Protest The Hero - Kezia
Explosions In The Sky - All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone
Machine Head - The Blackening
Sigur Ros - Ágætis Byrjun
Into Eternity - Buried Into Oblivion

I had burned copy of a couple of those, and decided it was time to get the originals.