What Music Have You Bought Recently?

Arvo Pärt - Sanctuary & Beatus. stunning

^^ some of the best music ever!!

Just bought:

Genesis - Foxtrot
Sid Vicious - The Chaos and Disorder Tapes & Never Mind The Bollocks
The Stooges - self-titled
and Devin Townsend's latest - Ki

I like Foxtrot alright, but still prefer Nursery Cryme; I used to hate the Sex Pistols, but they're not as bad as I remembered; The Stooges 'I wanna be your dog' and 'We will fall' are great tracks; and I have not received 'Ki' in the mail yet, but it will probably be the best of these purchases.

OSI - Blood
Edge of Sanity - Crimson
At the Gates - Slaughter of the Soul (Special Edition)
Enslaved - Ruun
Entombed - Serpent Saints
Heaven and Hell - The Devil You Know
Testament - The Formation of Damnation
Heir Apparent - Triad

Edge of Sanity - Crimson

if you hadnt heard it before you bought it then omfg how I envy you to have a first listen of that masterpiece :worship:rock::kickass::zombie:

oh, and if so I suggest you to have the lyric sheet in front of you while listening the 2nd time (not the first time, just let your face melt to its epicness)

I LOVE the new Isis.
I'm training for a marathon, and I have that shit cranked on the IPod every time I go out.
It never fails to move me.
That is one AWESOME album, and I do believe I will be seeing you bitches at the Commodore in Vancouver, Canuckland, this month.

I didn't have much money and felt like shit after breaking up with my girlfriend, so I spoiled myself with three spectacular CDs:
121951.jpg

Swallow the Sun - The Morning Never Came (special edition digipak with the amazing Candlemass cover)

1098b4b2403b2f0b.jpg

Therion - Secret of the Runes. It's got an ABBA cover, which happens to be hilariously happens

imagen.jpg

dude, you're awesome. already a proud father but still getting more br00tal by the day! :)

Ha ha! Nice of you to say so. Being a dad (and a good one, I think) has done little to tame my musical proclivities. I've been doing a lot of exercise, trying to whip myself into shape, and for me, what has really helped me stay motivated has been seriously br00tal music. For lifting, I like more the more straight ahead death. For when I row, I've been loving tech death.

On a side note, I start an anatomy class on Thursday...there's gonna be at least one cadaver lab for it. Will it be wrong to listen to Carcass on the ride to class?

Dream Theater - Black Clouds
Slough Feg - Ape Uprising
Secrect Oyster - Straight to the Krankenhaus
Votum - Time Must Have a Stop
Russian Circles - Station

I just got Dream theatres Octavarium aswell as Led zeppelins II.
First time hearing both.
I cant dig em.
But its all due to a headache i feel brewing. it sucks.

Dream Theater - Black Clouds and Silver Linings. I'm actually liking it more than I thought I would (especially after hearing people on here talking about it). Some of these songs are the best I've heard from them in quite some time. Still haven't listened to the covers yet, and I'm really excited to hear what they've done with those songs.

OSI- Blood. What an amazing album! Now I need to go out and get thier first record. I just love the laid back feel on this. Really good stuff. And I can't stop listening to Stockholm, not *just* because Mike is singing on it, but it's such a haunting song. Beautiful and evocative.

Esperanza Spalding - Esperanza ... real nice jazz from some great musicians, mixing in some latin flavours, a bit of "old school" miles davis / wayne shorter style, great voice, great songs.

Slave - Slide ... up-tempo funk from the late seventies. after watching an old barbara streisand movie ("up the sandbox") a few months ago i was looking for a certain type of wild, funky music with lots of percussion. Slave isn't really this kind of music, but that's where the search took me.

Björk - Drawing Restraint 9 ... finally i bought it. This is a soundtrack by Björk for a kind of an "art movie" (which i haven't seen) and it is not widely known. Another, slightly japanese, facet of the musical universe that is Björk. Cool stuff on there, but nothing that you can quickly digest.

Björk - Drawing Restraint 9 ... finally i bought it. This is a soundtrack by Björk for a kind of an "art movie" (which i haven't seen) and it is not widely known. Another, slightly japanese, facet of the musical universe that is Björk. Cool stuff on there, but nothing that you can quickly digest.

is it just instrumental or has it got vocals as well? i havent listened to selmasongs either yet.

edit: realized i had it in my downloaded björk folder already, will take a listen.

edit 2: hm, enjoyed about 30-40% alot, but rest was mainly just boring simplistic stuff that i guess you need visuals along with to fully enjoy.