What Music Have You Bought Recently?

metal_wrath said:
Edge Of Sanity - Nothing But Death Remains
Setherial - Hell Eternal
Krieg - The Black Plague
Averse Sefira - Homecoming's March
Weakling - Dead as Dreams (bought from reccomendation from NFU :Smug: )
Ascendancy - Rise Of A Dead Empire

Ha as soon as you bought that, you were instantly pwnd

metal_wrath said:
Edge Of Sanity - Nothing But Death Remains
Setherial - Hell Eternal
Krieg - The Black Plague
Averse Sefira - Homecoming's March
Weakling - Dead as Dreams (bought from reccomendation from NFU :Smug: )
Ascendancy - Rise Of A Dead Empire

:lol: hahaha now that is funny!!!!!

Metal_wrath = owned

armadafront.jpg
kicks ass

i came to the conclusion that armada was a bit of a letdown. the songs all kind of blend and sound the same, mostly because of the lack of variance in a lot of the riffs. Attila was a superior vocalist for the band too i might add, even though the new guy is a bit more accessible, blah blah

Haha, well I am listening to Weakling 'Dead as Dreams' and I have come to the conclusion that it is not my cup of tea or rather not really enjoyable. I have heard a few albums that were recommended by NFU and I have found that they are all a similar style that is very different from what I look for in a band. As as the case with this album, it is very ambient with distant vocals that aren't very engaging and the musicianship is sterile, and slightly minimalist. There actually aren't alot of vocals on this album and I was bored listening to it. I have heard a lot of bashing for bands that I have liked such as Thy Serpent in particular, but there are several reasons that I would prefer a band like Thy Serpent: the vocals are very consistent and tasteful but not over the top, the musicianship is above average and is more of the progesque landscapes, on the mellow side, and fast paced. Also I don't like distasteful song titles or lyrics. All of these qualitites are very important in the bands that I listen to, although I wouldn't say that the bands that don't fall under this category are 'horrid'.

NineFeetUnderground said:
i came to the conclusion that armada was a bit of a letdown. the songs all kind of blend and sound the same, mostly because of the lack of variance in a lot of the riffs. Attila was a superior vocalist for the band too i might add, even though the new guy is a bit more accessible, blah blah

i really liked the album at the beginning, but now i don't ever play the whole album. the only songs i still enjoy are crown of kings and armada, the rest seem like filler. and even these two are not really essential either. the album was an attention grabber for me, pity it didn't hold it for too long.

@metal_wrath: dead as dreams grew on me more after repeated listens (the opposite of what happened with armada). there are lots of details to be explored in the album. it might not really be an instant gratifier but i found it rewarding in the end. that is an essential album for its genre.

Camel - Moonmadness 12"
Camel - Nude 12"
David Gilmour - About Face 12"
Eloy - Metromania 12"
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Tarkus 12"
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Pictures At An Exhibition 12"
Genesis - Nursery Chryme 12"
Genesis - Foxtrot 12"
King Crimson - Discipline 12"
Kraan - Andy Nogger 12"
Kraan - Let It Out 12"
Kraan - Let It Out CD
Mogwai - Mr. Beast CD
Pavlov's Dog - Pampered Menial 12"
Pavlov's Dog - At The Sound Of The Bell 12
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here 12"
Wolfmother - Wolfmother CD
Yes - Fragile 12"

metal_wrath said:
Haha, well I am listening to Weakling 'Dead as Dreams' and I have come to the conclusion that it is not my cup of tea or rather not really enjoyable. I have heard a few albums that were recommended by NFU and I have found that they are all a similar style that is very different from what I look for in a band. As as the case with this album, it is very ambient with distant vocals that aren't very engaging and the musicianship is sterile, and slightly minimalist. There actually aren't alot of vocals on this album and I was bored listening to it. I have heard a lot of bashing for bands that I have liked such as Thy Serpent in particular, but there are several reasons that I would prefer a band like Thy Serpent: the vocals are very consistent and tasteful but not over the top, the musicianship is above average and is more of the progesque landscapes, on the mellow side, and fast paced. Also I don't like distasteful song titles or lyrics. All of these qualitites are very important in the bands that I listen to, although I wouldn't say that the bands that don't fall under this category are 'horrid'.

i appreciate your honest and unbiased opinion of weakling and justification of your liking towards thy serpent. you may like crap...but at least you know why you like crap, and are ok with that. knowing what you like is half the battle. i cant find a hole in your post really.

nor can i beleive im saying this. but yea. at least you gave them a try.