What Nevermore songs...

dreaming neon darkspot

natures' retard
May 13, 2002
in times of grace
would you recommend for an inept, mediocre little drummer chick to bring into her drum lesson tomorrow for her creepy teacher dude to teach her how to play so he stops trying to teach her these 80's songs that all use the same rudiment?

I had some Nevermore and Tool in mind, before I realized that they are all far too complex for me to even try to get a grasp on how to play, so I think I may have to just use some simplistic nu-metal stuff.

I guess I'll have to try and cram an entire days worth of Van Williams-drumming-analyzation into my stupid little mind so to find some songs that don't use a painful amount of bass drumming and all of that weird-but-uberly cool sounding cymbal stuff.

White Stripes hehe
You gotta learn to walk before you try running,so start off with some Tool (sober)
Or what ever
My drummer is a teacher,and he hasn't been sober since the 80's
so .........

I actually did attempt to muddle my way through that song, pathetically. But considering that that was probobly 2 years ago and I was still just fucking around on a 4-piece set, with no idea what to do, I think I did pretty well.

I had a few songs from Undertow in mind, though. Perhaps I'll do better now that I take lessons, kind of sort of know how to play, and have a real drum set.