What do you think Nevermore is singing about?

OpethChild23

New Metal Member
Oct 17, 2001
Hey fellow Nevermore Heads,

I'm going to list four songs that come to mind that I would like to have your opinions on what the song meanings are about. Because if you think about it Nevermore seem very cryptic about some of the songs. Here are the songs...

1. Dreaming Neon Black

2. The Heart Collector

3. The Lotus Eaters

4. Evolution 169

It would be cool to have all your input on this, thanks for reading.

Keep Metal Alive My Brothers.

~OPETHCHILD23~

alright here goes

Dreaming Neon Black- as you know DNB is a concept album, this song revolves around that concept of a girl being taken away suddenly. This isn't solely around Warrel, but it is something that happened in Warrel's life (a girl up and disappeared that he knew, he had a dream that she drowned) that is where you get "meet me in the dreamtime water drown." a song revolving around the concept of the album, which is a girl suddenly being taken away from him, then the man losing sanity.

The Heart Collector- is about death, confronting it and what not, nevermore to feel the pain

Lotus Eaters- revolving around that concept of DNB, basically crying out to god "WHY" "why did you take her away." I love this song, creates good visuals when on psychedelics hahahaha, "we watch the random patterns form" Lotus Eaters is refering to acid eaters, Lotus is a term used for LSD.

Evolution 169- pretty wide open song, psychedelic message... Warrel says that the 169 is dealing with chaos theory and chaos mathematics

but I think what it all comes down to is what do these songs mean to you, I think that is Warrel's goal... to create an emotion for you and for you to think and interpret the songs for yourself, because a lot of Nevermore songs can be viewed from different angles. Later man stay metal

Yeah I know what the songs mean in Nevermore's view but what about in your views? What do you guys interpret when you listen to the four songs listed. I'm curious to know and I think it would be interesting to see your point of views on the content and how it affects you. I'll tell you what I get out of the songs

1. Dreaming Neon Black- When I hear that song it overwhelms me, I picture a girl who remains faceless waiting for me to do something I think in my mind will you meet me but I never say out loud. And she doesn't hear me and I feel that the jester has lost his dove because I couldn't say anything. In a whole, that song is more special to me then all of Nevermore's songs put together. And to put it bluntly the song is about a hopeless dreamer.

2. The Heart Collector- The song reminds me that I shouldn't feel pain when something doesn't go my way because ultimately something good will happen down the road. But I never got the part when Warrel says "when the words fall out like fire" that pharse doesn't seem to fit in with the whole song.

3. The Lotus Eaters- Basically a Nevermore version of A Question of Heaven, but it relates to me because some days I question God about why he puts me through pain and suffering when it comes to relationships and love.

4. Evolution 169- that song is very strange to me, maybe it has to do with life and how we are lab experiments to a higher force, kind of like that movie Dark City. And like the quote goes " and one by one we crawl then two by two into the mouth of madness we seek the perfect view." Maybe we are the ones crawling through the maze and the higher force see's which on is perfect and which one is not, and when they find the perfect solution they make all the rest of the failures become mad and outcasts to society.

That is what I interpret from the songs if guys want to say your own interpertations then feel free to tell.

Keep Metal Alive, Opethchild23

I can relate to Dreaming Neon Black. I was dating this girl in High School and we had being going out for a few weeks. Her Dad was quite wealthy and owned a car dealership and her stepmom was a bitch. Well anyway, we spent some time together after school one day and when she left she said she would call me that night. Well, a few hours passed and I never heard from her. So, I decided to call her at the number I always called. The phone rang and her dad answered. He said, "Carol doesn't live her and don't call back." But, me being persistent I called right back and he picked up the phone and hung up. I tried calling back but nobody ever answered again, the ringer must have been off. I was like what the fuck. A few days passed and Carol said she and her stepmom and dad had a big fight, and she was going to live with her mom out of state in Florida (I'm in KY and didn't have a drivers liscence at the time because I was 15.) So she disappeared never to be heard from again. Comments on others later.
Hint: Organized Chaos

ZANEX " I AM THE DOG" :heh: :headbang:

Dreaming Neon Black is about that place that some go when their eyes are closed... a place that they share with another person who doesn't exist when their eyes are open.
'words fall out like fire'... i always for some reason thought warrel used 'fire' as a kind of marijuana referance. i'm one of those who thinks The Heart Collector has an underlying theme... its title intials may be no accident?
Who knows.?.
lotus eaters is like a disillusioned acid trip.
evolution 169... nice psychedelic imagery.

This has probably been beaten to death, but I am new on this board so here goes: WHAT THE HELL DOES 42147 STAND FOR?! I have heard that WD is of no assistance in answering this question.....so I pose it here. L8r, DavE

:mad:

I always had the theory of 42147 being a date, I just couldn't figure out which one... I then came upon the whole Roswell deal that happened in 1947. But soon after I realized it didn't happen in April. Oh well... would've been cool if that was it.

I've heard several rumours about that date having something to do with LSD/Acid or something... like the first documented trip in history or something. I have no idea. Just rumours.

aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, sorry had to let that out... everytime this discussion gets brought up it irritates me to shit... people always say that 42147 is the date of the first LSD ingestion, no it isnt. What I have come to believe is that it is a mixed up date. revolving around 2 or possibly even more... but like I always say in every one of these posts is that none of us know shit, so until Warrel enlightens us, we are lost hahaha. Stay Metal

Originally posted by LSDphilosophy
aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, sorry had to let that out... everytime this discussion gets brought up it irritates me to shit... people always say that 42147 is the date of the first LSD ingestion, no it isnt. What I have come to believe is that it is a mixed up date. revolving around 2 or possibly even more... but like I always say in every one of these posts is that none of us know shit, so until Warrel enlightens us, we are lost hahaha. Stay Metal

Yeah, I tried that last week and the dates don't match. I originally thought it was a date as well, but perhaps it is a serial number or identification number of a character in a movie or book dealing with an experiment. Just a thought. L8r, DavE

Its probably the date of the kiss or black sabbath tour somewhere..hahaha

Stop searching dudes. I didn't want to reveal this in public, but it tears my heart to see you so troubled.
Well 42147 is a date indeed!
It is my Birthday:lol: :D