Nevermore and Drugs

[KOTNO]Narrot

Eats and spits corpses...
Sep 2, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
Visit site
yea! hey ppl which nevermore songs are related to drugs. or better what do you think.

i know that there's this the heart collector - THC thing. but it also could be an accident and i didn't find circumstantial evidences in the song itself. the second thing i found (ok it is a sanctuary song) is Long since dark. 1. the initial are obviously LSD 2. the lyrics remind me how i imagine an LSD-intoxication (i never had one though...). The dancing diamonds thing and so on....imo it fints...! i've also heard that the lotus eaters refers to drugs as well but i don't know further!

what are you saying...?

I think drugs are excellent... obviously this is my opinion. I support anyone who choses to use or not to use drugs... personal freedom. Drugs can improve your life (they can also destroy it) and don't say they can't because I am living proof. I try and use drugs in a positive way, not just get all out of control, I use drugs to enhance my life while on and off a certain chemical. My outlook on life has basically been molded from the use of psychedelics, my mind is open. Stepping out of the world that you are so used to and realizing new realms is very exciting to me. All you have to do is not let drugs consume you, I don't revolve my life around drugs but involve drugs in my being. but it all comes down to your own choice, but I say why not and go for it all... free the odds.

Anyway on with Nevermore and drugs. I will put down songs that are either about drugs or make me think about certain chemicals... the list will be long hahaha.

First to [KOTNO]Narrot- yes Long Since Dark is referring to LSD, I think that is obvious... It was the Beatles Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds. Long Since Dark is dealing with an LSD experience, self realization and what not..

Nevermore- Nevermore

C.B.F- this song to me is about someone who abuses either Marijuana or crack... Fire I think is Warrel's term for smoking something. I think this song is about smoking crack or crystal meth and over using it. About how you shouldnt abuse chemicals.

Garden of Gray-
This song is great, one of my favs on S/T. reaching ecstacy using acid is what this song makes me think of. "I want to feel your flesh enrapture me, and live the politics of ecstacy"

Sea of Possibilties-
Not directly about drugs but a drug influenced song. "come with me, sail the sea of possibilites, in liquid karma"
liquid LSD hahaha. Dealing with Karma "everything comes back to you in time"

Timothy Leary-
about the Galileo of Consciousness. The great Dr. Leary. This song shows that Leary wasn't about just using drugs but finding peace and harmony.

In Memory-

The Sorrowed Man-
The first time I took LSD, two to three years ago, I played this song when I got home, it was beautiful. Definately a song about being at one when on LSD.

The Politics of Ecstacy-

The Seven Tongues of God-
yet another LSD influenced song, and Leary influenced obviously. "programmed to desecrate the pretensions in your mind" what chemical do you think Warrel is talking about. One of my Fav Nevermore songs.

This Sacrament-
A psychedelic anthem in my book, I think if you don't realize this song as a drug song then you should really look at it because it is not that hard to understand. "lucy in the sky with diamond eyes, Long since dark" A sacrament is a visible form of invisible grace, make of that what you will hahahaha.

I am sick of writing so much, now I am just going to list off songs. If you have any questions just ask.

Lost

Dreaming Neon Black

Beyond Within- "Can I lift you up into the dreaming, Trip surreal"

Lotus Eaters- A term that is used for people who use LSD.

Dead Heart in a Dead World-

Narcosynthesis
We Disintegrate
Inside Four Walls
Evolution 169
The Heart Collecto
Engines of Hate
Believe in Nothing

any question on why any particular song just ask and I will explain

FOOKS

EVERY CHEMICAL YOU EAT IS A DRUG, SOME GOOD SOME BAD..

EXPERIENCE A MCDONALD CHEESEBURGER THATS A HIGH IN ITS SELF..

hahahahha, McDonald's is a drug that gives you the shits, fuck taking ex-lax, go eat a happy meal. Have you seen this new McDonalds Bratwurst, I almost puked the first time I saw that add.

So,so, heavy metal is not only leading our young people to satanism and anarchism (and homosexuality if you want), it is also leading them to drugs!!! I hope no religious people is reading this stuff!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now to LSD: I didn't mean to offend you, I would like sometime to smoke pot (before I should start smoking though :D ) or anything else, but the way I grow up and all we hear about how "baaaaaaad" and "eeeeeevil" drugs are have kept back until now (I hear some mesmerising things about having sex while being in coke. What do you think?).
Anyway, when I am sure that I will be able to stop anytime I want, then I might...

cool...mr. lsd.

well i should have known more of these but as i said soemtimes already of this board i only know DNB; DHIADW and ITMB becuase of a great lack of money and the short time i am inot nevermore. so i also have to ask who this dr. Leary is....if i got it right it is someone who invented or developed synthetic drugs...am i right?

i really wonder about all the DHIADW thing...almost all refer IYO to drugs:

Narcosynthesis
We Disintegrate
Inside Four Walls
Evolution 169
The Heart Collecto
Engines of Hate
Believe in Nothing
and DHIADW

inside four walls is clear why and i forgot to talk about that in my fist post because it'S just too obvious. we disintegrate refers imo to the seperation between ppl because of technology. evolution 169 has imo no connection to drugs either.THC - either except the name. Engines of hate: yes...you may be right (chemical pariah). BiN is IMO about a kind of atheism or nihilism and not about drugs....i never got clear with the DHIADW lyircs....

enitharmon- oh no man you didn't offend me at all, I think it is great that you chose to not use drugs, can be very positive, but so can the use of drugs... all how you look at it you know...

[KOTNO]Narrot - Timothy Leary a great man, he didn't create LSD but was an active participator in the use of it hahahah... he was called the Galileo of Conciousness, a great soul. Read up about him on the net if you would like.

yes DHIADW seems to have a lot, and I didn't realize it until I just did that... so here is some explanations.

Narcosynthesis-
is when a patient is put in a sleep like state while on barbituates or other drugs and are directed to recall repressed memories.

We Disintegrate-
isnt really a full blown drug song, but makes me think of the influence of LSD... Ego loss

Evolution 169- I think is an obvious psychedelic song, that song can be translated a few ways.

Heart Collector- I think it is about death, but the THC thing I think is relevant and it does make me feel like when I smoke weed sometimes, Nevermore to feel the pain

Engines of Hate-
is another not so drug song, but great line "Can I be your chemical pariah, the worlds such an ugly place it seems useless sometimes trying" basically Warrel wants to turn people on, but does anyone really listen... Hey WD I am listening my psychedelic brother

Believe in Nothing-
"Into a strange new world" another not completely so drug song, but the kind of stuff that drugs will make you think, open mindedness, a belief in nothing, realizing that at any moment your beliefs may change... nothing is final

oops I didnt mean to put DHIADW in there sorry

have a good one peoiple

Hi LSDphilosophy !

I have a page about NEVERMORE here in Brazil and i'm fucking like your text about Nevermore Lyrics and Drugs!
Could you make a complete text about this and send for me or post here, 'cause I really like the idea to put your point of view for all Brazilian fans!
If you like the idea please contact me cecr@onmail.com.br
And take a look on my webpage: http://www.nevermorebr.cjb.net/
Thanx! and sorry for some english mistakes!

He,he,he, know what amusing is? Zanex gave in another thread about the same songs a complet different explanation! I think Warell would be more than satisfied, if he is reading this!
Chemicals improve the view indeed!!!

TO LSD:

I am thinking you are having too many philosophies (well just at the moment)!!!

Although I do agree that there are a lot of songs with this reference, I don't agree on some others, (some being DNB and Inside 4 walls) these songs are completely NOT related to this topic...

jody

does that make you in the LSD army.

TRANSPORT ME TO THE OTHER SIDE, THE CANNABINOID RECEPTORS ARE NOT RESTAINING ME.

well if there was an "acid army" i would definitely be a higher rank than our blessed friend who happened to view some timothy leary literature.

I don't think how many years you have been doing it is relevant to anything... It is how you use it. It is what you make of it. What do years of use mean, yes that you have experience, but maybe you haven't gained anything.

Jody42147 - nice to see you... I think Inside Four Walls is definately drug related... about how the government treats drug criminals (is it really a crime?) to a worser extent most of the time than child molesters, rapists, and murderers. Such a travesty in the land of the free huh

as far as DNB goes, I wasnt relating that song to drugs, I only put it as the album title to put the real drug related songs afterwards... although I just got a thought... Maybe the dreamtime in DNB is referring to LSD or mushrooms, maybe a state that only exists in his drug induced mind, a picture he paints while tripping, close your eyes. wow the things you can do with Nevermore lyrics.

Carlos - hey man use whatever text you like, this shit isnt copyrighted hahahaha, free for all...

that is a good looking page, wish I could understand it hahahaha. Doing a good thing showing those brazilians a great band, some of you guys love your metal you crazy brazilian fucks. have a good one