What non-metal artists do you like to listen to?

Heliotropic_Rose said:
I would recommend people get these two albums......they're aweseome psychadellic space rock music

Failure - Fantastic Planet

HUM - YOU'd prefer and astronaut

failure are awesome but I think they are no longer active.
their drummer is in "a perfect circle" which covered their "the nurse who loved me" and an awesome band for itself...ah that maynard is so dreamy.

yeah Failure's broke up, but you've got it all wrong, Failure's drummer isn't in A perfect Circle, Josh Freese is the drummer of a perfect circle, failure's drummer's name was Kellie Scott

edit: maybe what you meant to say was that Failure guitarist WAS in A perfect circle. After the release of Failure's last album, fantastic planet, they had to have a guest guitarist tour with them, that being Troy Van Leewuman, he was in APC for the Mer de noms album, but no he's no longer in apc, but he is in Queens of the stone age, which i don't really listen to

Heliotropic_Rose said:
yeah Failure's broke up, but you've got it all wrong, Failure's drummer isn't in A perfect Circle, Josh Freese is the drummer of a perfect circle, failure's drummer's name was Kellie Scott

edit: maybe what you meant to say was that Failure guitarist WAS in A perfect circle. After the release of Failure's last album, fantastic planet, they had to have a guest guitarist tour with them, that being Troy Van Leewuman, he was in APC for the Mer de noms album, but no he's no longer in apc, but he is in Queens of the stone age, which i don't really listen to

oh shit man, a mixed them up.
It was Troy van Leeuwen(damn dutch unpronouncable names) the guitarist from APC that was in Failure.
I think he plays in Queens of the stone age now.

paradoxile said:
oh shit man, a mixed them up.
It was Troy van Leeuwen(damn dutch unpronouncable names) the guitarist from APC that was in Failure.
I think he plays in Queens of the stone age now.
right, I edited that up there in my last post ^ except I spelt troy's name wrong, lol ehhh' but yeah FAILURE....awesome :D

Heliotropic_Rose said:

A lot of my stoner rock buddies say that Lullabies to paralize is the greatest thing QOTSA ever did,but I don't like it all that much...and it's missing Nick Oliveri's touch.Damn I love that bald mothafucker.He used to get up on stage wearing nothing but his bass guitar and in the end of the show according to the old tradition he would smash his bass to pieces and expose his "glory" to the audience. kind of like the chili peppers only the don't smash guitars and wear a sock on their wieners.

yeah I think he pretty much made the band. When I saw Queens in Lollapalooza 03' he was still with them....and like I said, I thought he carried the show, and the band, cause well he sang on some of the songs and wrote a good chunk of them

Heliotropic_Rose said:
yeah I think he pretty much made the band. When I saw Queens in Lollapalooza 03' he was still with them....and like I said, I thought he carried the show, and the band, cause well he sang on some of the songs and wrote a good chunk of them

2003 is when they toured with dave grohl...the songs for the deaf tour,right?

^ hmmm, that was after the release of that album, but I don't know how much touring Dave did with them......he wasn't the drummer for them at Lollapalooza 03` that's all I know

Heliotropic_Rose said:
^ hmmm, that was after the release of that album, but I don't know how much touring Dave did with them......he wasn't the drummer for them at Lollapalooza 03` that's all I know

Oh I totally forgot, Dave did that Probot thing in 2003 with different drummers and the vocalist/guitarist of Motorhead, so he probably had to leave the tour early.
obviously the LOLLA 03 was after the album's realease.songs for the deaf was released in 2002

Radiohead
Porcupine Tree
Riddle of Steel
Faraquet
Medications
Soft Machine
Babe Ruth
Pink Floyd
The Mars Volta
Godspeed You Black Emperor
Kate Bush
Sigur Ros
Bjork
Tenhi
Muse
Q and Not U
The Wildhearts
At The Drive In
3 Colours Red
Aphex Twin
Four Tet
Boards of Canada
Pat Metheny
Miles Davis
Tomasz Stanko
Nils Peter Molvaer
Esbjorn Svensson Trio
John Coltrane
Charles Mingus

To name a few :D

FUBAR said:
Dogs die in hot cars
Nick Drake
Nick Cave
tangerine dream
eagles
Johnny Cash
et men a mo....
dogs die in hot cars are a great band. Really good musicians, something that seems to lack in all genres of music nowadays. Tangerine Dream have always ruled too!

JesterOfDeath said:
Right now ummm....

Depeche Mode
Andrew W.K.
Deadboy and The Elephantmen (killer killer stuff!)

Andrew WK, now there's a name I haven't heard for 4 years...He's that dude that had all those songs about partying,puking and headbutting. Oh and there was also "she is beautiful". Hilarious Guy

Here are a few off the top of my head:
Euskefeurat
Imperiet
Joakim Thåström
Patrik Isaksson
Bel Canto
Portishead
Dead Can Dance
3rd And The Mortal
Altan
Clannad
Secret Garden
Björk
Depeche Mode
Loreena McKennitt
New Order
Beethoven (Ludwig van)
Mozart
Holst
Bach

There are many more bands/artists/composers I listen to, but I don't want to take up the whole page. ;)

Mine at the Moment:
Siouxsie and The Banshees
Air
Beloved
Dredg
The Mars Volta
Led Zeppelin
Mogwai
Pink Floyd
Sigur Ros
Smashing Pumpkins
Thrice