what should I have for dinner?

Something that never made sense to me:

how they can make all these "Cream of" soups out of things that have no cream in them. Cream of Crab? I don't think crabs have cream in them, and if they did, I probably wouldn't want to eat it.

Cream of :
Tomato?
Mushroom?
Onion?
Crab?
Cream?
the Crop?
Crap?

cb_creampotato.jpg

I was totally just looking for a picture of the soup, but check the ingredients!

Although we all know Campbell's is not really soup. It's crapinacan.

well, like when you make rhode island clam chowder (clear broth, no dairy), you can get the broth thicker by cooking the potatoes very long, or beating them up a little, so the starch thickens the clammy water...

Originally posted by xfer
well, like when you make rhode island clam chowder (clear broth, no dairy), you can get the broth thicker by cooking the potatoes very long, or beating them up a little, so the starch thickens the clammy water...

that's what I was saying

I don't think I've had Rhode Island style, so i couldn't really say. They sound pretty similar though. I wouldn't be surprised at all if some restaurants in the Hatteras area just decided to rip off Rhode Island style and call it Hatteras.

The wonkiest and messed-up thing is when I was looking for a Rhode Island chowder recipe variant on the web, a lot of the returned results were the Governor of Rhode Island's official version. Nice, but the recipes had cream in them and were thus New England-style. BLECH.