I'm having a dinner party on Monday!

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
I ran into an old friend that Bill and I used to work with and invited him and his wife over for dinner. I'm not getting home until 7:30pm, so it's going to be a late dinner even if I find stuff to cook that doesn't take ages.

Any suggestions? I think I'm going to include green beans, as it's one of the few vegetables Bill will eat, and I can put him to work making them (they're easy) while I do the other stuff (Bill doesn't cook).

They're emphatically pro-meat, so no need for only vegetarian food. I'd like to avoid lasagna. Throw out some ideas!

xfer said:
They're emphatically pro-meat, so no need for only vegetarian food. I'd like to avoid lasagna. Throw out some ideas!
WIENAHS!

wieners-3.jpg

Here is the menu of my most recent dinner party:

salad:
-cucumber-over dried tomatoe salad

soup:
-crab, sweet spices (cayenne, saffron, garam masala) and ginger juice soup

entree:
-Duck and black bean curry

Main course:
-Mint, cilantro, yogurt marinated lamb

Desert:
-sweet Naan and citrus flan

Enjoy!

since it's meat-oriented, I ain't sayin shit 'cept that I made an awesome vegan cilantro pesto pizza for a dinner guest not too long ago

(and yes I know vegan pizza is an oxymoron, but you gotta concede to the guest)

Meat oriented it is then:

-Morel-shitake consomme

Entree:
-German beef tartar

Main course:
-coriander seed, cumin seed, cayenne crusted pork tenderloin
-Oven roasted vegetable

Desert:
Goat cheese cheesecake.

Everything here is easy to do, you got about half an hour prep time

pizza making is easy for non-chef oriented people to do. and it's kind of communal- mostly all they have to do is cut up stuff. you can even have the crust ready to go before said non-chef-types get there. and the cilantro pesto pizza sounds good.