What the hell happened to the Opeth Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's total crap!! Now that Roadrunner is trying to make them a Cover Band, their UM forum shuts down. There' s All this crap about Mendez leaving, and their making a video too??

How come every cool band eventually gives in too fame and fortune and turnes to Shit!! Have you guys herd the new album? From what i've herd it's quite different. But after Damnation and Deliverance I think it's down hill from there.

Rob

rrjii2000 said:
That's total crap!! Now that Roadrunner is trying to make them a Cover Band, their UM forum shuts down. There' s All this crap about Mendez leaving, and their making a video too??

How come every cool band eventually gives in too fame and fortune and turnes to Shit!! Have you guys herd the new album? From what i've herd it's quite different. But after Damnation and Deliverance I think it's down hill from there.

Rob

Why are you posting about this in the Dan Swano forum?

It was something that was destined to happen.

Shame they didn't decide to ban people first rather than just pulling the plug, but it was their decision to make.

It has fuck all to do with Roadrunner, but everything to do with respect.

Looks like your attitude would have fitted perfectly with the way the forum was, my guess is that you are young and have only recently discovered the band.

They have changed record labels a few times before and have become more successful along the way. So what?

AlexGuinness said:
It was something that was destined to happen.

Shame they didn't decide to ban people first rather than just pulling the plug, but it was their decision to make.

It has fuck all to do with Roadrunner, but everything to do with respect.

Looks like your attitude would have fitted perfectly with the way the forum was, my guess is that you are young and have only recently discovered the band.

They have changed record labels a few times before and have become more successful along the way. So what?

No actually Im 32 and have been listining to the band for many years. As for my bad attitude, I just get tired of some people ruining the forum for others. I was just wanting some info about the new album. Not a flame job.

Also it is disturbing to see all the recent changes with the band. I have just became used to the way they were. And givin the relationship between Dan and Mike I think it's more than relavent to post here.

Rob

I have heard Ghost Reveries from start to finish and I will say fans will not be dissapointed with its long songs, a good mixture of singing screaming parts, and let me tell you mike screams as if he were in Bloodbath again. Also lots of slow heavy riffs, boat loads of guitar solos, the most I have heard on one Opeth record. Mike uses reverb on his voice it goes good with the acoustic passages like in Still life and Blackwater park ,also the production is damn good. If you are a fan of the last 4 albums, you will agree with me that this one hits the nail on the head once again. Don't expect a million riff changes like the first 3 albums, but there is a lot music going on with this album......... ends at 67 minutes...even tho I have heard it.... my friend burnt it.... I will be purchasing this bad ass cd.

The forum was badly moderated. I think they did the right thing.

People didn`t respect what the band wanted. Shutting it down was probably the right thing to do since they couldn`t moderate the forum at all.

I hope the forum will be better if they reopen it.

/Gaylord

maybe this topic doesn't really belong to this forum. However, When I returned from a holiday yesterday I listended to this "Grand Conjuration" sample and I was quite shocked because to my opinion in sounds extremely pathetic. I wanted to look at the forum to see if other fans agreed with me, I found that the forum was gone.
But, I downloaded some leaked songs from the real album on soulseek and that was quite a relief, I downloaded Harlequin Forest, Ghost of Perdition and The Baying of the Hounds. To my surprise I was fascinated how good it sounded. Pretty classical guitar good singing, not the cheap keyboard sound as on the sample, and much more solo's and parts a bit like "Ending Credits".

Conclusion: Roadrunner unnecessarely scares away fans with such crappy samples. And I also dislike this horrible "spread the word" competition. But maybe Opeth isn't really to blame for this because I think they deserve some reward for their music, the illegal downloads prove that they are unaffected by roadrunner. Thanks to the illegal downloads I will still buy the album, If I only knew the sample I would have doubted seriously.

Hertog said:
maybe this topic doesn't really belong to this forum. However, When I returned from a holiday yesterday I listended to this "Grand Conjuration" sample and I was quite shocked because to my opinion in sounds extremely pathetic. I wanted to look at the forum to see if other fans agreed with me, I found that the forum was gone.
But, I downloaded some leaked songs from the real album on soulseek and that was quite a relief, I downloaded Harlequin Forest, Ghost of Perdition and The Baying of the Hounds. To my surprise I was fascinated how good it sounded. Pretty classical guitar good singing, not the cheap keyboard sound as on the sample, and much more solo's and parts a bit like "Ending Credits".

Conclusion: Roadrunner unnecessarely scares away fans with such crappy samples. And I also dislike this horrible "spread the word" competition. But maybe Opeth isn't really to blame for this because I think they deserve some reward for their music, the illegal downloads prove that they are unaffected by roadrunner. Thanks to the illegal downloads I will still buy the album, If I only knew the sample I would have doubted seriously.

I appologise to everyone for the anger that was evident when i started this thread. i had just finished listining to the 8 bit roadrunner demo, and i was horribly dissapointed, the lack of melodies and repitition had me a bit over the edge. then i saw where you could download it for a buck, after 3 download attempts my computer still would not accept the digital rights to the file. i remember the good old days when you could download an mp3 and basically do anything with it. i know soulseek has some new opeth content, but after a recent security upgrade on my network, i cannot access it. oh well maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

rob

I know people were shitting on the band, but still, opeth and RR have been shitting on the fans since this whole ghost reveries crap started.

Why can't any of you just appreciate what Opeth does and not lable them as "sellouts." Ghost Reveries is utterly amazing, and just because its a progression from earlier stuff, doesn't mean they "sold out." If you don't like the new stuff, then listen to the old stuff, simple as that.

burton said:
It's closed because of the leaks of the new albums. It will probably open up again after the album is released.

That's pretty funny considering the album can be downloaded from the following places:

Bit Torrent
Limewire
Soulseek
WinMX
KaZaa
(notice UltimateMetal is not on this list)

The album is good, by the way. Very 'prog' especially The Grand Conjuration... Swano fans will rejoice over this Opeth album.

Its a great album. Gotta give them more props for signing to Roadrunner and going MORE prog!

Status
Not open for further replies.