What was the last meal you cooked? Give details on how you cooked it!

Had my wife's uncle over for dinner last night - he's an old timer from up in the wild woods of Maine. He's 84 years old, but still drives down from Maine when he's feeling like company so he called us yesterday morning and said he would be down by dinner time so off to the store I went.

I figured I'd make a nice pot roast for him as he is a real meat an potatoes type guy.

I bought a 4 lb. Chuck Roast, coated it is seasoned flour (pepper, salt, flour) and set that aside while I broke out my dutch oven and browned a few strips of bacon in the bottom to get a little drippings and grease to brown the roast in. I removed the bacon and crumbled it for later, I then browned the roast in the bacon drippings until all sides were equally browned - removed the roast and set it aside. I then added 2 medium chopped yellow onions to the bacon drippings and caramelized them till soft and translucent after which I added a chopped garlic clove. I then added 2 cups of good beef stock, 1 1/2 cups of Merlot (or any other full bodied red wine), 4- 5 sprigs of Thyme, and a sprig of Rosemary and the crumbled bacon. I then placed the roast in the bottom of the dutch oven and added 1 pound of rough cut carrots (1 1/2 inch pieces) and placed it covered in a 350 degree oven and cooked for 2 - 3 hours. After the initial cooking time I added 2 pounds of 1-2 inch cubed Russet Potatoes to the dutch oven and cooked for an additional 35 - 45 minutes until the meat was falling apart and the vegetables were fork tender.

We served it with the remaining Merlot and some dinner rolls and it was extremely yummy indeed. For dessert, my wife had gotten her uncle his favorite - a local bakery makes these great whoopie pies (I think they are a very New England thing - it's whipped cream between two chocolate cakes all in a sort of fist sized treat) we served and some coffee to go with them.

It was nice seeing him as he's pretty convinced his time is coming and we will miss him dearly when he is gone. But it's always nice to spend and evening with good company, good food, and good drink.

I grilled up a steak,

Let it marinate in some worchester (I can barely say that word let alone spell it) sauce, then threw some garlic, salt, black pepper, and a little bit of savory on it. Shit was good

ahaha, I used to eat like this, just replace the wheat bread with brown rice.

Now its a tin of tuna with mayonnaise, grate some cheddar, then but ketchup, HP bbq sauce and French's mustard on it. All in a tortilla wrap thing. That shit take like 5 minutes to make, it's what i have on my lunch break (I live like 5 minutes walk from where i work)

Dude If I had a nickel for every time I ate chicken and brown rice......pfffffff. hahahaha

I usually eat two cans of tuna in A bowl with oil and vinegar, and apfel and some sort of wheat carbohydrate haha.

Spanish omelette:
TORTILLA_PATATAS_LOLIBEL_61.jpg

:D

40635_1502278712257_1092879619_31435434_4126378_n.jpg

Shit got real.

Gonna cook some more this week with more peppers of different colours. Barbeque ftw, just brush the barbecue sauce mixed with ketchup (the one I had wasn't fruity and sweet enough for chicken IMO) on the chicken a few times through, rotate, enjoy.

I feel so good right now. :)

Slow roasted potatoes and chicken. Just finished eating it.

Some chicken breasts (bone in) and thighs. Seasoned liberally with my blend of salt, paprika, smoked paprika, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
Yukon golden potatoes...peeled and diced.
One onion, sliced.
Throw it all in a glass baking dish, drizzle with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil. Cover with foil.

Cook in a 300 F degree oven for two hours. Eat with some crunch French bread (to dip into all those juices).

Just occured to me though, I have £3.90 to buy food with.
I'M SO GODDAMN RICH.

Fryed Egg Sandwich. First, I cut an english muffin, put in toaster. Now for eggs. Put a good amount of Olive Oil in a pan, for the extra calories, crack the eggs directly into the pan once the oil starts popping. Once the whites start to get shaped, pop the yolks, and flip. Wait until they are a golden color, then place in your english muffin. Here I added butter and bacon. Was fucking awesome.

I cooked a cool pasta a couple nights ago...I boiled the pasta for around 7 min, and cooked a sauce with olive oil and cumin pepper and some corn..I let it cook for around 2 min, the added milk cream and some pieces of a creemy brazilian kind of cheese. I cooked this for around 3 min, so it boiled and the sauce thickened a little. Then it was ready :)

Fryed Egg Sandwich. First, I cut an english muffin, put in toaster. Now for eggs. Put a good amount of Olive Oil in a pan, for the extra calories, crack the eggs directly into the pan once the oil starts popping. Once the whites start to get shaped, pop the yolks, and flip. Wait until they are a golden color, then place in your english muffin. Here I added butter and bacon. Was fucking awesome.

:kickass:

I just made a chicken sandwich with bacon, cheese, and mayo and a couple perogies. Saute'd some diced onions in a pan with a little bit of oil....threw the shits in there, covered....took perogies and chicken (tenders) out and slapped in a few slices of bacon. Gotta cook that bacon on medium heat but that skillet has to be cookin for a while!

Drunk chicken!

chicken.jpg

A Chicken
12 ounce can beer (piss american beer preferred)
Poultry seasoning (chicken rub)
4 dashes liquid smoke flavoring (smokey goodness)

1. Coat chicken with your fav poultry seasoning/rub.
2. Drink half the can of beer, pour liquid smoke into remaining beer. Raise tab on beer can until it is in the straight up position.
3. Cram the can up that chickens ass. Insert skewer through the wing, ribs, tab on beer can, and out the opposite side. (this keeps the can from falling out the chicken).
4. Prepare grill: light the coals, and when they are ready, spread coals to form a ring around the outside edge of the grill, propane users need not apply.
5. Place chicken in center standing up on can to cook. Cover and cook for two hours.
6. Remove carefully from grill so as not to spill the contents of the can. Remove skewer and beer can, let chicken sit for fifteen minutes before cutting.
7. Eat that shit. Enjoy the moist chicken and delicious grilled outside.

fried a chicken breast while making spaghetti noodles
after fried chicken was done...cut into little squares
put over noodles and poured marinara sauce over it......sprinkled fresh real parmesan cheese over it.....set in oven for about one min to melt the cheese

yeah chicken parmesan