What was your fav film of 2009

Drag me to hell what a fucking joke. The further you got into the film the more shitty American horror film it got. Ridiculous.

For me it was Terminator Salvation and District 9. Watched the latter 3 - 4 times already. :cool:

Thats epic, didn't know it was that well-known abroad. Movie is cool tho!

Ive seen it aswell. They showed at the horror film festival here in San Sebastian. I was a lot of fun. Best bit is when the guy gets his face ripped wide open and his brain falls on the floor. haha

As far a best 2009 movie goes. I would have to say District 9, Drag Me To Hell and Star Trek. Havent seen Avatar uet so I cant comment.

Drag me to hell what a fucking joke. The further you got into the film the more shitty American horror film it got. Ridiculous.

For me it was Terminator Salvation and District 9. Watched the latter 3 - 4 times already. :cool:

Dude Drag me to hell is not a fuckin joke. Plus you cant diss Sam Raimi, hes the fuckin man when it comes down to horror. Maybe you just dont like horror films.

I know it's all subjective but I don't know how anyone can say Drag Me to Hell was shit during the year movies like Bride Wars, Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, Saw VI and 2012 were released.

Dude Drag me to hell is not a fuckin joke. Plus you cant diss Sam Raimi, hes the fuckin man when it comes down to horror. Maybe you just dont like horror films.
The ending was just a sappy semi-love story, it was ridiculous! Plus the whole "weird entity dancing on the table" stuff was also NOT scary. There was like 2 good "HOLY FUCK" moments in that video, rest was shite.

And yes, I do love me some horror films. :cool:

Really the only new film I was waiting for last year was Star Trek. And I loved it.

Others I liked are District 9, Crank 2 and Transporter 3. I didn't watch many new films last year at all. It was all about the older ones.

It's good? I was going to go and see it next week, I've heard from some it's not great though.

In comparison to 90% of horror movies today, I loved it

It's not about a bunch of teenagers (or college students) running around getting massacred. It's about a couple being haunted by a demon, and the filmmakers did a great job at making it more realistic (like improper grammar/vocabulary, although that could've been on accident). I can see why people hate it because it's more like "AHHH HOLY SHIT," but there are a couple moments where it just makes you go o_O.

What I love about it more is that it doesn't rely on gore.

In comparison to 90% of horror movies today, I loved it

It's not about a bunch of teenagers (or college students) running around getting massacred. It's about a couple being haunted by a demon, and the filmmakers did a great job at making it more realistic (like improper grammar/vocabulary, although that could've been on accident). I can see why people hate it because it's more like "AHHH HOLY SHIT," but there are a couple moments where it just makes you go o_O.

What I love about it more is that it doesn't rely on gore.

This

Was a good film, I thought it was good because of all the tension it built, which you could tell affected everyone because one of the characters would say something that wouldn't be funny normally but came off as nervous laughter.

Thought the hangover was a bit shit, had some good bits, but thought it was just quite shit.

DISTRICT 9 and MOON are the best films of the year. Inglorious basterds is up there as well, great film.

ive yet to see the hurt locker and up so they might be on the list when i see them. Anyone who says new moon will get a personal visit from me with an added bonus of a massive leg sweep.

Moon is my favourite film of the year for sure. And I have a kickass promotional Moon T-Shirt because I work in a cinema :cool:

My other two favourites would be In The Loop (absolutely fucking hilarious, Armando Ianucci is always so spot on) and Let The Right One In, a Swedish vampire film which was truly touching...

Mesrine: Killer Instinct and Mesrine: Public Enemy Number 1 were also both awesome, a two part biopic about France's most notorious gangster...

This year I am most looking forward to The Expendables. If it's anywhere near as good as the last Rambo film (and the cast is fucking unbelievable) then it will be great...

Mesrine: Killer Instinct and Mesrine: Public Enemy Number 1 were also both awesome, a two part biopic about France's most notorious gangster...

Ordered it on Dvd, I think Vincent Cassel is a great actor, I would recoomend that you get one of his earlier films which I have "La Apartment", this is a great film and the twist in the end was excellent, I don't want to give away the plot to much but it starts with he meets this girl and falls for her but things are starting to get strange and he is trying work out what it is that isn't quite right

Ordered it on Dvd, I think Vincent Cassel is a great actor, I would recoomend that you get one of his earlier films which I have "La Apartment", this is a great film and the twist in the end was excellent, I don't want to give away the plot to much but it starts with he meets this girl and falls for her but things are starting to get strange and he is trying work out what it is that isn't quite right

Will try and check it out... I'm not familiar with any of his other films but he's certainly incredible in the Mesrine films...