Votes: 7 33.3%
  • average

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • pathetic

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
Seeing as all our bands have been dropping like flies these last 2 years (megadeth split, guns n roses not being guns n roses, metallica releasing shite, arch enemy POSSIBLY releasing shite, In flames going "nu" etc etc etc) i have hope in maiden to fly the flag for metal. I think dance of death is going to be fucking excellent. Wildest dreams owns your ass, and with it being the single its bound to be one of the weakest, so things can only get better.

LONG LIVE HEAVY METAL
LONG LIVE IRON MAIDEN \m/

Agree with the above - I'm thinking it will be'Good' but I'm hoping for 'Excellent'. The problem I find with just about every band I've ever loved is that there comes a point where 'Classic' is no longer possible - I don't know why, maybe the rich rockstar lifestyle takes the hunger away, or maybe their life experiences become so distant to that of their fans that their perspectives change and so with it does their song writing... errr, I'll shut up now. :)

Average. What I've heard of Wildest Dreams is that it's a sloppily-written crowd-pleaser.

And that pains me :( I also fear another Blood Brother-esque romp through melodramatic shitfields.

I downloaded Wildest Dreams some time ago, and saw/heard it live yesterday :D
I think its quite good, and I think the album will be good as well, Im hoping it will be excellent, but I dont want to get my hopes up and be disappointed when it comes out...

And by the way "Iron Maiden ROCKS!" I heard a song off of the new Arch Enemy album last night as they opened for Maiden, called We Will Rise, and it kicked ass!

I dunno what to think, I know I'll like it, but calling things an 'instant classic' are kinda too much for me. Sometimes the cds I end up liking the most are the ones that take time to grow on me.

Give it some listening time after the release and then I can tell you for sure. :)

If they'd gone apeshit with it it probably woulda ended up sounding like power metal and thatd be rather ironic trying to sound like a genre that took from themselves :S

But i thought BNW was cracking just not their best, i think Dance with death is going to be better than BNW but in a diff way, like in theway BNW was good in a different way