Votes: 7 33.3%
  • average

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • pathetic

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
I love the Maiden albums of the 80s and even though Brave New World(2000) was great, I think Maiden are kind of repeating themselves too much as if they've ran out of ideas. SO I imagine the album will be decent but won't be a classic like Powerslave or The Number of the Beast.

I respect Maiden for carying the torch for classic metal but I'm afraid the well has run dry. I will buy the new one in September in hopes I have to eat these words.

I like Bruce...Maiden isnt Maiden without him...
Blaze in my opinion was awful...

And I dont see whats wrong with Brave New World, in my opinion its one of their best albums...well of course its no classic, but it sure as hell is better than f.ex No Prayer for the Dying...and X-factor...

It will sound liek Iron Maiden. There will be 2-3 speed metal numbers, 2-3 epics, some mid-speed stuff, a song with keyboards and orchestration, at least one Steve Harris song with a repetitive chorus, and maybe something innovative if we pray. :OMG:

Of course it would be way to much to expect D of D to be a "classic" (besides, we won't know that either until in a couple of years or so, to see if that album ages well), but I believe it will be excellent. I have Wildest Dreams on mp3, and I think it's a really good song, although they're perhaps not doing anything new on it. But it's still a cool fun song. And I doubt it's the best on the album.
Oh, and I do like BNW! It is a good album. BTW it's the album that got me interested in Maiden again, after I thought they had broken up, back in 1992 (I didn't really follow them that close back then).
So, I look forward to September. :D

I'm thinking it will be average. I fear there will be to many songs with repetitive choruses, something that has plauged their last two albums. I hope the band will be able to climb out of their creative rut, but I doubt they will. It may have helped the album a bit if they had dumped Janick. I don't think this triple guitar thing is working and Adrian and Janicks styles don't mesh. Adrian's style is pretty deliberate and flowing while Janick's is hurried and sloppy.

stefan86 said:
I really dont see why people have such a problem with BNW.
All the songs on the album are awesome, the production is awesome.
Whats to complain about?
That its "new" ?
That it's rather shitty. Most of the songs are lame, the one's that aren't have several bad moments that ruin them completely. The sound ("production") is what I hated the most. Everything sounded metallic and forced, especially the drums.

I don't like "Wildest Dream" at all. Granted I was only able to hear the first extremely shitty boot from Spain but I'm not intrested in too many "fun rockers" anymore with my musical tastes expanding everyday. I would expect the band to throw out one of their stronger songs out on tour to generate interest in the new album, not filler. I'll still buy the album and hope for the best though. If it's anything like BNW I will be happy.