What's on the digipack version of C2?

ColdDarkNord said:
extra pic of dan and his guitar (and marillion t-shirt ofcourse!)
Hm, I could have ordered the digipak-version, but I ordered the jewel-case. Because digis can easily be damaged, but you can always replace a broken jewel-case. Crimson I also came as a jewel-case, so it looks better to have them both as jewels anyway. A cool photo is not enough to make me buy a digi :)

BTW, Mezarkabul: I just got my copy of Pentagram's "Anatolia" ...and now I'll go offline and listen to it for the first time, I'm really curious how it compares to Unspoken... :)

Nico16 said:
Hm, I could have ordered the digipak-version, but I ordered the jewel-case. Because digis can easily be damaged, but you can always replace a broken jewel-case. Crimson I also came as a jewel-case, so it looks better to have them both as jewels anyway. A cool photo is not enough to make me buy a digi :)

BTW, Mezarkabul: I just got my copy of Pentagram's "Anatolia" ...and now I'll go offline and listen to it for the first time, I'm really curious how it compares to Unspoken... :)
Make sure you let me know of what you think. I think by picking up Anatolia, you didn't buy just an album. You bought a monumental piece of art, a record that will last forever.

I agree about digipacks by the way. I don't like them. Jewel cases are my favourites. The new Evergrey and CircleIICircle albums I had to buy as digipacks and it sucks, cause they're two of my favourite bands and I've always prefered jewel cases. Nightingale's Breathing Shadow which I got from Amazon.co.uk also came in a digi. The packaging is cool, but I still think a jc would have been better. When they get torn, there's no way you can replace them. So the best thing to do is to burn a copy and never take the original case out.

Mezarkabul said:
So the best thing to do is to burn a copy and never take the original case out.
hehe, that's exactly what I do - but I copy the albums onto MiniDiscs :)

Mezarkabul said:
Make sure you let me know of what you think. I think by picking up Anatolia, you didn't buy just an album. You bought a monumental piece of art, a record that will last forever.
You're right, the album is totally killer - I still need a few spins to fully internalize all of the songs. But at the moment my favourite Pentagram-song is still Lions in a cage from Unspoken...IMO it's one of those few perfect songs where everything is to 100% right and couldn't be done better.

Mezarkabul said:
Aren't you overrating it a little bit? I mean Behind the veil, Dark is the sunlight and 1000 in the Eastland are awesome songs, but the rest of the album definitely lacks the innovation of above mentioned songs. Especially Gunduz Gece... I think they should do something more original with that song, instead of transcribing it note for note.

commandante said:
Aren't you overrating it a little bit? I mean Behind the veil, Dark is the sunlight and 1000 in the Eastland are awesome songs, but the rest of the album definitely lacks the innovation of above mentioned songs. Especially Gunduz Gece... I think they should do something more original with that song, instead of transcribing it note for note.
Gündüz Gece is my favourite song from that album, I don't know how they could've done it any better :-o

commandante said:
thats because you dont know the original :D
hehe, I guess you could be right about that ;)

Mezarkabul said:
So what's your final opinion? How does it compare to Unspoken in your opinion? :)
yeah, well, I think both albums have their special merits, but it's easier, at least for me, to listen through Anatolia, because it doesn't have those slow songs, which can be found on Unspoken. Well, I like lots of doom metal, but I think the band's strongest material is the more up-beat stuff. So I guess I prefer Anatolia, but my favourite two Pentagram/Mezarkabul songs are "In Esir like an Eagle" and "Lions in a Cage" from Unspoken :p