Last Fair Deal Gone Down in digipack or jewel case?

requiem

I bleed sir, but not killed
Jul 6, 2001
Australia
Has anyone picked up 'Last Fair Deal Gone Down' in anything but a digipack format?

I've seen it all over the place, but never in a jewel case.

Has anyone got it in the jewel case? And if so, is the booklet much different to the digipack?

Hi!

I don't think that LFDGD was released both in digipak and jewel case shape. In every shop I saw it, it was a digipak. So maybe it is the only version. Please correct me, if I'm wrong ;)

Originally posted by the_joy_of_grief
I have never ever seen a jewelcase version of LFDGD. If there was one, it probably wouldn't feature "Sweet nurse" and "Don't tell a soul" since these two songs were intended as bonus tracks (at least that's what I read).

ah,that's why there's a gap on the back of the digipack between those two songs and the other ones,never knew that so thanks for the information;)

I have never ever seen a jewelcase version of LFDGD. If there was one, it probably wouldn't feature "Sweet nurse" and "Don't tell a soul" since these two songs were intended as bonus tracks (at least that's what I read).

So they'd only have 9 tracks on the album then... that doesn't make for a very long modern Katatonia album. :confused:

the digipakk version is so far the only version and there are no bonus trakkz,
all 11 trakkz are part of the original album trakklisting.
however, there was layout done for a jewel cd release with 2-3 different background images, but that one was never printed.

That makes better sense....

There's no way the last two tracks could have been intended as bonus'!

Thanks for clearing that up Anders.

There's no way the last two tracks could have been intended as bonus'!

Who knows. I'm not absolutely sure, but I think that's what it said on the official homepage. Well, since there is no news archive we'll probably never know. I found it hard to believe myself, but I did read it somewhere. And on the back of the record there IS a gap between the last two songs and the rest, so it's quite possible that these songs were actually intended as bonus tracks. Maybe it was the record company's idea and they dropped it when the album came out or something.

And on the back of the record there IS a gap between the last two songs and the rest,

I noticed that just after you (or someone) mentioned it before... If they were intended to be bonus tracks (which it doesn't sound like they were according to Anders) I still think the 9 tracks would have been too few. Maybe they were planning on putting other songs on...

I think the fact is that the back of the album looks the way it does because Travis was being artistic...

OK, guys, here is info.
I just got Last Fair in jewel case. Its special edition aviable only on post-Soviet territory. It has same anount of songs (11) w/o any bonuses from Tonight's Music or Teargas.

Originally posted by Blakkheim

however, there was layout done for a jewel cd release with 2-3 different background images, but that one was never printed.

Wrong, Anders, it was...
:)
Beep Beep, collection version!!!

I'll bring 2 copies for ye and Jonas in november, for ur own collections.

I can scan booklet's pages if anyone would see...

Jewel case is the standard, plastic cd-case, which is used in aprx. 99% of all compact discs today. It's the 'proper term' for the case, and surprisingly, quite a lot of people don't know this.