Special editions differences

Animals

Mar 15, 2004
Yugoslavia
I want to buy some Katatonia CDs, and I want to know differences between special editions of these albums:

-Tonight's Decision (regular jewel case, digipack reissue with bonus tracks)
-Last Fair Deal Gone Down (regular jewel case, digipack reissue with bonus tracks)
-Viva Emptiness (regular jewel case, digipack)

I know that all of these have been released so I want to know details about bonus tracks, booklet pictures and so on... because I don't want to miss something and I want to buy a real thing! :headbang:

Thanks! :)

you kind of wrote already whats good about each issue...

however, i also think that the LFDGD digi pack is so much better, just on the basis of looks and all its one of my fav digi's. it folds out in all four directions and has the lyrics on each bit of card. its good, the TD bonus tracks are great too. and as for VE, im not sure about the digi, i havent seen that one

TD- buy the jewel art is better...VE, no difference, art and everything is nice for both, the jewel has the mysterious mini-story thing.. LFDGD- If you can get the tetrafold digipack, i like it better but it is a first ed release so its hard to find "new" i think, the regular digi its ok, but its really compressed, and i havent taken a look at the jewel so i dunno
so yeah thats my opinion

I know of at least three versions of Tonights Decision.

Original release a jewelcase without bonustracks.
Rerelease a jewelcase with slipcase and two bonustracks (No Devotion, Fractured)

And there is a really crappy digipak rerelease, without al the original artwork, but it still includes the two bonustracks.

Viva Emptiness is in two versions I think.

A jewelcase, which I prefer, due to the smooth black tray and the little joke under it.

And once again a digi rerelease without any extra songs, but within the original artwork i think.

LFDGD is supreme in the foldout digiversion.

Sater said:
Viva Emptiness is in two versions I think.

A jewelcase, which I prefer, due to the smooth black tray and the little joke under it.

OMG!!!!! I had never looked under the tray. I really wasn't ready for THAT!
Does anyone know anything about this?

derbeder said:
OMG!!!!! I had never looked under the tray. I really wasn't ready for THAT!
Does anyone know anything about this?

hehe yes, its a litle joke that jonas thought about to make fun of the concept of the album, they tried to reflect how people think and talk nowadays.

(i did read this from an interview)

Oh my God, thread about jizz number 500226...:ill:
Anyway, here it is, enjoy...

Do you like jizz?
I dunno... what jizz?
I want to find a girl who likes lots of jizz!
Ok but jizz means what?
Guys jizz in girls mouths.
I remember...
You remember?
Yes, cause I heard only one time, now I remember what jizz is. Whatever,
I'm talking silly tonight.
You've only heard of jizz ONCE?
Of course, no ...uhmm but here we don't call it jizz.
What do you call it?
I say later..

I'm planning to buy some more of their albums too. I have black sessions that many tracks from their albums are on it , but I want to support the band. The only things I'll get extra is the fabulous art of Travis Smith, a few more tracks, and someday I will be able to get cocky by saying: ''Hey, I've got the complete collection of their albums''.

By the way I saw a limited edition vinyl in my local store. I think there are only 1000 of them worldwide. It has a blue cover, and it's written ''Saw You Drone'' on it, I'm not sure. The man that works here is trying to sell it to me, but what the hell can I do with a vinyl, while I haven't got a suitable player, + it will sure be very expensive.

Tone-Deaf said:
By the way I saw a limited edition vinyl in my local store. I think there are only 1000 of them worldwide. It has a blue cover, and it's written ''Saw You Drone'' on it, I'm not sure. The man that works here is trying to sell it to me, but what the hell can I do with a vinyl, while I haven't got a suitable player, + it will sure be very expensive.

The 10'' is 'Saw You Drown'. I believe I got it for $10 or something at most. If you had a record player or are planning to get one, I would recommend getting it. Vinyl is cool.

derbeder said:
The 10'' is 'Saw You Drown'. I believe I got it for $10 or something at most. If you had a record player or are planning to get one, I would recommend getting it. Vinyl is cool.

Scarlet heavens sounds so much cooler on Vinyl!

derbeder said:

Lol, and I thought that it was expensive. Happy, to know that its price probably isn't that high. The quality of the sound must be different, but as I said I don't have a record player :cry: