Whats Playing Now Thread

Symphony X - "Eve of Seduction"

I've been going through all my SyX albums over the last week or so and two things about Symphony X have finally dawned on me.

1) Everything from their debut to their latest album is gold. They improve with each album yet nothing sounds in any way inferior or immature going through their back catalog.

2) I don't think I've ever heard a single Symphony X song which has ever made me go "what the fuck where they thinking?" or "what is this shit?". Even Dream Theater have me thinking that at times ("Prophets of War"? :puke:) so, given how many albums they've put out, I reckon that's a pretty solid effort.

:worship: :headbang: :kickass:

Katagory V - Forlorn Child

downloaded this band because a lot of people were saying how much they were like a fusion of Arch Era Fates Warning & Psychotic Waltz.

this is from their last CD Hymns of Dissension and is interesting.
some death growls mixed in with the Arch-style vocals, so sounds a little like early Opeth at points.
So would recommend to the majority of this board. :)

Katagory V - Forlorn Child

downloaded this band because a lot of people were saying how much they were like a fusion of Arch Era Fates Warning & Psychotic Waltz.

this is from their last CD Hymns of Dissension and is interesting.
some death growls mixed in with the Arch-style vocals, so sounds a little like early Opeth at points.
So would recommend to the majority of this board. :)
Death growls AND John Arch style vocals? Sounds like blasphemy to me! :)
A cross between Arch era Fates and Psychotic Waltz sounds interesting though. I'll check them out.

Death growls AND John Arch style vocals? Sounds like blasphemy to me! :)
A cross between Arch era Fates and Psychotic Waltz sounds interesting though. I'll check them out.

Listening to their 2006 album The Rising Anger and it sounds a bit haphazard in production terms but the vocals are really good (without death vocals on this release).

you can download them from here: http://boundedbymetal.blogspot.com/2008/04/katagory-v-discography.html if you simply want a peak.
But remember, buy the album if you like, delete if you don't.