Whats Playing Now Thread

Genius - All My Fault

from part 2 of an interesting rock opera.

if you are a rock opera fan, do recommend this one.

Hope it's better than Savatage's A Rock Opera , that just sucked arse.

I'm listening to Voyager , even though i'm fucking drunk i still realise this band is the best prog band ever , TM run 2nd and Friar Rush run 3rd.

Sorry Shane , but you're number 2.

Now i'm listening to my favorite Savatage album which is Hall of the Mountain King . And the song is Strange Wings, this songs fucking owns. Even Stormster agrees.

The best thing about my laptop being in for repairs is having to use CDs at work instead of having various MP3s handy.

Knightmare "Unholy"
Quite possibly the best Aussie power metal release I've ever heard (close contest with Black Majesty). Epic without being pompous, catchy without being too cheesy or outright gay (LOL), tight without being overly mechanical... my only gripe is there aren't enough songs :headbang:

This World "Now Showing"
Brutal without being try-hard about it. Definitely a bunch of cocaine addicts but it works well for them. Again, biggest gripe is that it's all over too fast :headbang:

I'm listening to Voyager , even though i'm fucking drunk i still realise this band is the best prog band ever , TM run 2nd and Friar Rush run 3rd.

yeah, Streets by Savatage sucked as a whole -couple of good songs but that's about it.

yep, Voyage rock but not sure if the best prog ever.
but possibly the best aussie prog. :headbang:

Haha! I wouldn't even rate us that high. We suck.

ynthia Witthoft - The Daughter of Cassiopeia

an instrumental band lead by the very charismatic Cynthia Witthoft who's songs switch from noise to ballad to political to near nursery rhyme.

and she seems to attract a very loyal fan base as well, especially in the Neo-Feminist movement.

Her fans also make clips for her vids.

Here is an example (featuring footage of one of my favourite female bodybuilders -may not be to everyone's tastes).

Last edited by a moderator:
Genius - All My Fault

from part 2 of an interesting rock opera.

if you are a rock opera fan, do recommend this one.

I don't rate the Genius trilogy at all.....chockablock full of talent (Jorn, Russell Allen, Midnight, Gildenlow, Eric Martin etc) but over the three albums i'm hard pressed to find a song i want to listen to.

I don't rate the Genius trilogy at all.....chockablock full of talent (Jorn, Russell Allen, Midnight, Gildenlow, Eric Martin etc) but over the three albums i'm hard pressed to find a song i want to listen to.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly. It strikes me as an overly ambitious attempt at being the next Ayreon, and it fails dismally.

PS- Where can one listen to Vauxdvihl? They must be the only band in existance without a MySpace (that I could find).

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. It strikes me as an overly ambitious attempt at being the next Ayreon, and it fails dismally.

PS- Where can one listen to Vauxdvihl? They must be the only band in existance without a MySpace (that I could find).
I'm pretty sure they do have a myspace as i tried to contact the band through it to order To Dimension Logic but never got a reply. Not sure if their myspace is still up but i know they have a couple of songs up on www.progarchives.com.
Great band!

I'm pretty sure they do have a myspace as i tried to contact the band through it to order To Dimension Logic but never got a reply. Not sure if their myspace is still up but i know they have a couple of songs up on www.progarchives.com.
Great band!

Cheers, ProgArchives does have a couple of songs up for streaming. I still can't find a MySpace page for them, or anywhere at all that I can buy the CD, but it's better than nothing. Very cool from what I've heard so far :headbang:

Now playing: Brainstorm - Doorway To Survive

I feel a poll coming on...

Gargoyle - Ruten No Yo Ni Te

a Japanese avante garde thrash band from the early 90's that combine old school BNWOHM thrash with traditional Japanese instruments and violins.
Similar to what Sigh evolved into it.

Fates Warning - Without a Trace )from The Spectre Within

now, will get flamed for this but can't tell if he has the most awesome vocals or that he sucks.
because it's so cool but it also wavers.

so, shall just call it "of its time" and enjoy. :)