What's up with the aggressive security head?

TwizstedJesus

Mar 1, 2004
I can't believe that I was told to leave Vinyl by the front door and get in line for re-entry! When I asked why & showed him my gold badge and hand stamp he threatened to throw me out of the fest! I wasn't an asshole, I just asked a simple question. And I had to throw away a handful of Starburst candies before I could come in??? What the fuck is that all about?

I'll copy an update from an e-mail from Glenn that maybe will shed some light...

I have one very important detail I need to discuss in advance of the show. I understand that you want to hit the vendor room with a vengeance on Friday at noon. I will have it open by them. However, you will not be allowed to simply hang in the lobby until the doors open. It is very difficult for the gold badge crew & venue box office to conduct business with folks just hanging out in the way. It has gotten way worse the past few years with more and more ready to rush the room.

I will instruct my lobby crew & security to line you up OUTSIDE at the main entrance doors on the steps separate from the peasants & commoners with regular tickets. The only ones that will be potentially lined up inside are the VIPs (and even they are not allowed into the room early).

Finally, do not attempt to sneak in the room. It's not worth losing your gold badge status over.

Thanks all,

Glenn

Seconded. Line was slower than heck due to pat downs, forcing people to toss stuff, and failure to do alcohol wrist bands early as in previous years.

Guy is a hardass but my advice is to finish your drink and exit. Then bypass the entire line on the right hand side for the two right doors. You You already have a stamped hand so it is simply re-entry. Not too big a deal.

It's the patdowns that are annoying, imo. I have a pocket knife every day and didn't know it would be a problem today. It wasn't last night, nor has it ever been before.

I just hope it's still where I stashed it when I leave.

He made me throw away my frickin cough drops. I understand making people throw away their Cokes, but cough drops??

I SECOND THAT!! First time at any metal show that I cannot bring protein bars inside. After standing 1 hour in the sun I was told I could not bring my bars in. For a whole-day fest? REALLY? What if I dont eat pizza or any of that garbage? Am I supposed to have to eat that or die of hunger and not enjoy the fest because of a protein bar? Its not like I am bringing a steak or a sandwich. Good thing my friend got the seats because if I was by myself, it would suck to be in the sun as one of the first Gold Badgers and losing all good seats because of two protein bars. I was not bringing the GMC store inside...Someone please explain that 'no protein bars' policy because its beyond me. I know they want me to spend money inside, so what, next time if I don't drink alcohol they will make me drink?

They are stilling patting people down even on re-entry with a gold badge. What is up with that?

The line through the front door I can understand, the attitude problem is what I don't get. That head of security is a dickhead, plain and simple.

Next time it'll be cavity searches. No snickers bars up your ass is allowed guys, sorry!

I had to show the pack of gum on my pocket, I call that excessive! Never in my 12 years have I had that occur

Yeah, I got a royal grilling due to bringing a few granola and candy bars. I'm diabetic, and need that stuff in a pinch, as my medical and dietary needs are unique. Now, to their credit, they eventually let me in with them, but it sure was quite the ordeal. Something I've never had to deal with before.

Glenn, thanks for looking into this. I know they are doing their job, but common, this is just common sense! I wont bring a whole chicken, but will bring my protein bars for a 10-hour event.

They also didn't recognize Sponsor/VIP badges...we were told to wait in the gold badge line for 1 p.m. entry. Luckily, we were eventually given an alternate entry point. Anyone know if that is how sponsors should enter the venue on Saturday as well?