The Unofficial ProgPower 5 Meet Thread

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
Dear All,

Well, here it is, the plans below are pretty much what is going to happen. When we do get together at the appointed time and place we can decide on several things which I have outlined below OR something that the group decides. In regards to my last e-mail, my health may be an issue so depending how I feel that day I may not be able to do a lot of walking. I want to make sure that everyone is aware of this so no one is surprised. I should have enough giveaways for everyone BUT I will not know this until everyone is there. I guess the best thing to do is not expect anything just in case. I hope to have something for everyone but things can happen. I hope everyone understands. With that please read the details of the meet below and respond as soon as you can with the your full name and all the full names of the people that will be attending with you. I also would like to know where you are coming from. Again thank you for your support and patience.

Here is the press release from Shane Dubose in regards to the pre-party .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROGPOWER PRE-PARTY
The Vinyl Club(Inside Earthlink Live) Thursday, Sept. 16th
First let me begin by saying "thanks" for everyone's patience during our line-up changes. We are very excited with our new show, and hope you all enjoy the evening.

CIAO!!! Pre-Party Crew

PROTOTYPE
www.prototypeonline.com

MAGISTRAL
www.magistralweb.com

ENERTIA
www.enertia.cc

HALCYON'S WAY
www.halcyonway.com

We're ecstatic to announce that Massacre recording artists, Prototype from L.A., will be making their first appearance East of the Mississippi. Their brand of Melodic/Thrash/Power/Prog should be very well received, as this intense band caps off the evening.

Also back by popular demand are Chilean Power Metallers Magistral. Fresh with a second guitarist, new material, and a strong following, Magistral is the first band asked back to the pre-party.

Enertia via New York, will be making their long awaited appearance at the show. We totally love this band, and with a new C.D. to be released, these guys will not disappoint.

And finally Halcyon's Way from right there in the ATL. It's only obvious that a very talented local band should be on the bill. Most of us in "live" performing acts in the genre have had the chance to open a show in their home town. This show is no different.

The Vinyl Club

The Vinyl Club is a club that is upstairs from Earthlink Live, and will be the perfect setting for the pre-party. The club isn't actually finished, but will be by show time, and will be much more convenient for most ticket holders due to location. All Gold Badge holders will have a room (like the Riviera before) to escape the madness if they choose to hang out and chat.

TICKETS
Tickets will be $12.00 for Gold Badge Holders, and $15.00 for regular ticket holders at the door that evening.

ENTRY
This will be an all ages show. All Gold Badge Holders(like before) will have entrance to the club at 6:00 PM, before regular Ticket holders, and the general public. This time is to meet with the bands(all main stage bands attend at their own discretion), and to generally have a good time. Entrance for everyone else will be at 7:15-7:30.

Band Times
Bands will start promptly @ 7:40 ending around 12:15-12:30. Order of bands has not been completely confirmed, but the line-up is FINALIZED!!!!

Again, thank you all for your patience.

Date: Thursday, September 16th, 2004
Time: 4:00 P.M. (2 hours BEFORE Gold Badge holders will be let in to the pre=party).
Place: The Best Western Granada Hotel, 1302 W Peachtree St NW Atlanta, GA. 30309-2902 (404) 876-6100

Please e-mail me by repling to this message with your full name and the full names of all those who are attending with you as well as where you are coming from.

Thanks again,

Sean C. Quiglry
Chicago, IL.
USA
http://www.metal-fan.net

If you would like to attend, please e-mail me at metalrag@yahoo.com

Well we have 25 people now which is GREAT!!! Thanks also to Zane at cdinzane for supplying 99% of the promo giveaways for the meet. Now I have to figure iut how to pack my stuff AND the giveaways, LOL. Again this meet is very informal. If you e-mail me and you decide at the last minute you don't want to attend that is totally cool. There is no obligation! Take care.

BTW for those of you attending I have posted a pic of my ugly mug so you can recognize me and get used to my scary looks, lol. Make sure to check the site for updates.

http://www.metal-fan.net/progpower5meet2004.htm