The Unofficial ProgPower 6 Meet

The_Q said:
sure bro, the more the merrier man. It looks like it will be 1PM on Saturday. I will be wearing a Masterplan shirt so I'm hard to miss.

Are you talking about this Saturday?

Hopefully this year's Thursday pre-show party will be better than OUR Thursday "party" last year. Buffalo to Detroit to Atlanta (almost got there, then the tornado hit) to Memphis then back to Detroit for the night. What a nightmare!

I was the dumbass with the FUCK IVAN tshirt last year.

This year, I'll be the one with the FUCK SOMETHING t-shirt. :loco:

If this happens on the Saturday at 1pm, it should work. This year, I'm bringing a third person with us, and we're gonna start our drive at 2am Wednesday and drive all morning. So planning something for the Wednesday night would be rough.

Doesn't mean I won't still be partying my ass off Wednesday night... heh heh...

What is involved in this meeting? Do a bunch of people just show up and chat? I attended the Symphony X lunch in which I felt somewhat out-of-place, so I am not sure if this would be the same way as far as there being people that know eachother, then the few people that don't.

Well, essentially the meet is very informal but I want to make it where it is very interactive and get people involved in the process. I have a lot of cool things planned.By the way how many people are staying at the Hampton Inn?

If this is the Wednesday gathering that I was thinking of (no one answered my question, but I think the answer is yes), you might have to turn it in to the Pre-party now that the pre-party has been cancelled by the Nightwish show.

ReaLM said:
If this is the Wednesday gathering that I was thinking of (no one answered my question, but I think the answer is yes), you might have to turn it in to the Pre-party now that the pre-party has been cancelled by the Nightwish show.

The cancellation of the Pre-party is not yet official. Hold your horses.

Sorry about that. The Wednesday night thing is Glenn and his crews party. This is just an informal gathering. I really would advise against saying anything about the pre-party being cancelled unless you hear something from either Glenn or Shane. Rumors just kill the mood.

Ok, yeah, I remember talking to Shane for a bit at it last year (he was pretty drunk by then though). It was fun.

Sorry, I know it is not official official; however, it looks like the Nightwish show is going to be the 15th for sure. And to quote Glen:
"If that date and venue sticks, there will be no pre-party this year. It would be foolish to go head to head with that show."

If that is the case, we should just move everything back a day. Hell, I'll throw a party Monday for anyone in town(I'm local), and we can make prog power a week long event! We all knew it was heading there anyway :).

Usually it's just an informal get together. A good majority of people get in on Wed/ Thursday. This is a way for all those who haven't met, or seen each other in a year, to get together and catch up. Of course there is a start time, but it's a come when you get there type thing.

I don't forsee it being cancelled because Nightwish is in town. Even if all the locals went, there's still no way that all attending PPVI would be able to purchase tickets or want to go.

I can't wait!

-MetalRose

Sorry, that one is in the wash but I can wear either my Trixter, Bulletboys, Winger, or Firehouse shirt instead. What do you think?

The_Q said:
I got 1PM due to the fact that my band practices until noon. Hey Mountain King, you joining us?

Not 100% sure yet dude, I have a lot going on this weekend so it'll probably end up being a game time decision (well maybe not game time but I probably won't know till Fridayish) but if not this weekend I and I'm sure my buddy Rich wouldn't mind getting together with you guys at some point down the road.

I just want to clarify. The meet we've been speaking of at Impulse Music is for Sat. Feb 12, at 1 pm.. For all those who reside in Illinois. correct? Cause I've set my schedule for this. As This is my B-day weekend. : ) Looking foreward to hanging with ya all. for a pre Atlanta hoe down.

I plan on being there again. Last year's meet wasn't huge because of Hurricane Ivan, but I still had a great time. I think someone mentioned something about many people knowing each other and a few who don't. I expect it to be quite the inverse. Some here do know each other, but if I am around, you can count on me talking to you. I lo9ve t meet new people and flap my gums. Any new PP attendees should feel welcome.

Bryant