What's your favourite kind of metal???

Lol why do you guys even consider nu-metal..umm metal? Just callit 'that' lol. I like most kind of metal as long I can understand what the singer is saying haha..that means Death Metal is a no no. I'm more into progressive, thrash and powe metal :D

however i like also a couple of experimental prog metal bands like:

spiral architect,aghora , cynic,watchtower and fates warning ("perfect simmetry" era).

but stuff like dream theatre and spock's beard fuckin' boring me to death...

it is better listen to a good ELP,RUSH or YES album...

:)

Progressive Metal i.e Symphony X, Dream Theater (more prog rock)

Classic Metal i.e Metallica (old stuff), Megadeth, etc.

I hate all Nu-metal. I also don't really dig the screaming vocals from some bands, but really enjoy the music that they make.

I'm into mostly anything melodic when it comes to metal. Nothing beats blasting out some death or black metal, though, when I'm feeling down. I don't mind the hair metal bands; some of 'em are OK, if not the best.

The only thing that concerns me is guys like Yngwie. I know the guy has the best technique, but I wish he really could play with more feeling. Also, he's got a bit of a holier-than-thou problem...:devil:

Death metal, Trash/speed metal are the best ones !!
headbob.gif

But I like all styles, if the music isn´t crap...

Lol why do you guys even consider nu-metal..umm metal? Just callit 'that' lol. I like most kind of metal as long I can understand what the singer is saying haha..that means Death Metal is a no no. I'm more into progressive, thrash and powe metal \

Ever heard of Death? How about Carcass? How about Arch Enemy? How about Morbid Angel? Fuck labels. Give other shit a chance, man. That's why bands as incredible as these didn't get as big as say, Slayer. Because people like you didn't give them a chance when in reality, they're all FAR BETTER.

You have a good comment. It's a bit contradictory, though. You said "fuck labels", yet some of the bands you mention are Death Metal bands.

I don't care much for labels, either. If I did, I wouldn't have such a diverse collection of music, which ranges from classical, to experimental noise, blues, fusion jazz, and rock/metal stuff.

Coypu said:
jazz death : Cynic, Atheist etc.

yeah, thats mainly me too.

but i really love all metal. (with the exclusion of rap and nu-shit)

i've had periods of time were i was full-on into black metal,
or even back into the thrashy metallica albums (ride,puppets, justice).

so its always changing.

death, cynic, meshuggah, atheist, pestilence....thats my main shit.

and im not afraid to say i love the old metallica albums.

but, fuck load.:yuk: