when did americans start loving politicians?

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
i could give a shit about political affiliation, but the open fellatio of everyone's favorite governor/president/congressman/etc. is REALLY bizarre. i see bush on TV and i think "scumbag." i could agree with everything he ever did, and i'd still think "scum. bag." i mean he's a god damn politician! they base their lives on swindling, lying, and hypocrisy. not to mention that anyone in office is a multi-zillionaire. these aren't normal people, they are YOUR BETTERS. but still, people suck them off whenever they can because "he's a good man."

do these same people have personal injury attornies in their List O' Heroes?!? IT BOGGLES THE MIND.

when did this start?

no kidding. people should look up to people like George Costanza, Al Bundy and whoever bangs Jessica Alba

@demilich: yes. edit: 1 solid minute later and now i'm laughing my balls off.

@j.: yes. good goat i love jessica alba.

this thread has much truth already. i love it.

Demonspell said:
I'm more worried about people applying hero worship to political pundits, especially the more blatant bullshit artists, then the bastards themselves...

Agreed - it's just a complete dumbing down brainwashing that's been going on for years from both parties in America. The zombie like followers and confrontational polarism that is growing increasingly common with each passing day is frightening to say the least. Regardless of what you believe, this type of mentality cannot continue, and unfortunately, there's no sign of it easing up anytime soon.

I am so sick and tired of hearing and seeing these political ads that serve no purpose other than to skew the truths and use unflattering photos, etc. in order to influence the outcome on an election on any level (particularly at the local level lately). Where's the integrity in that?

STOP DRINKING THE KOOL-AID AND TRY THINKING FOR YOUR DAMN SELF FOR A CHANGE!!

Dark One said:
The zombie like followers and confrontational polarism that is growing increasingly common with each passing day is frightening to say the least.
I think this has less to do with the two parties, and more to do with who contributes to these parties. The Christian right, as I see it, is the big problem in this country. Consider for a moment just how much time we spend fighting over prayer in school, religious symbols located near state buildings, the word "God" in the pledge of allegiance, gay marriage, evolution, and of course, abortion. These issues are of importance only because the Christian right wants to legislate us back to Roman times.

It's bad enough that these non-issues monopolize our political debates, but what's worse, we elect our politicians based on their views on these issues. Does anyone think, that if it wasn't for the gay marriage issue driving the Christian right to the polls in huge numbers, Bush would even be President right now?

For the next few months, the Miers confirmation will dominate the news. Will any time be spent focusing on the real issues that will impact this nation? No. Everyone will form two evenly divided camps, based on where they fall on the abortion issue.

It's so sad, that as a nation, we continue to chase our own tails. And what's truly disturbing is, that almost everything the Christian right stands for is, taking away our freedoms. Yet somehow, they're painted as the true Americans.

Zod

I don't disagree that the hardcore Christian right wingers are a problem in this country, but the point I was making was that the Pat Robertsons and hardcore evangelical groups of the country are just as much to blame for the "confrontational polarization" mentality on one "side" as the hollywood coalition and Moveon.org's are on the other side.

They all try and bully the general population into agreeing with everything they say based on their influence through various media outlets (practically ALL of which have an agenda, not just Foxnews, etc.).

I do think that the voting of the southern "Christian" coalitions had plenty to do with Bush being elected (obviously). But he was also a product of those who believed in the cause of bringing down organized terror networks around the world, and a plethora of other reasons (many of which are not legit, and I don't want to get into a separate debate about Bush here). HOWEVER, how many votes for Kerry were influenced by the radical progressive philosophies of the Moveon.org's, Micheal Moore's & New York Times' of the world? Plenty. I don't think the polarization they preach is healthy either.

And I think it has PLENTY to do with the two party system because they are so damn far apart on almost every major issue and that's the system where, unfortunately, the failing governing bodies are chosen.

Dark One said:
...but the point I was making was that the Pat Robertsons and hardcore evangelical groups of the country are just as much to blame for the "confrontational polarization" mentality on one "side" as the hollywood coalition and Moveon.org's are on the other side.
I was debating your point at all. Your quote merely provided me with a jumping off point to go on a rant.

Zod

General Zod said:
I was debating your point at all. Your quote merely provided me with a jumping off point to go on a rant.

Zod

Below is where I thought it was debated based on your interpretation of the big problem as opposed to mine. No biggie, Hey, share your opinion either way right? :) :

General Zod said:
I think this has less to do with the two parties, and more to do with who contributes to these parties. The Christian right, as I see it, is the big problem in this country.

Dark One said:
Below is where I thought it was debated based on your interpretation of the big problem as opposed to mine. No biggie, Hey, share your opinion either way right? :) :
Right. What this country needs is the Libertarian party in control of all three branches.

Zod

jessica-alba-0105-003.jpg

i wanna stick my nose in it.