When it's a bad day....it's a bad day

::XeS::

Mar 30, 2005
Italy
www.myspace.com
Saturday I recorded guitars for an hardcore band...pretty great guitarist and awesome equipment.
We recorded thru a Dual recto + Mesa OS....sm57 and ADK as mics. Phase was perfect. We recorded the 3 songs and later I reamped with other 3 combination:
6505+ - Mesa OS - sm57 and ADK
6505+ - Marshall - sm57 and ADK
Dual Recto - Marshall - sm57 and ADK

Pretty good sound and lot of options. Today I came home and I start to listen.
I found a very good guitar sound mixing 6505+Marshall and Recto+Marshall with a little bit of 6505+Mesa..
But it should have been too easy :D
I discovered that in 1 song, 1 of the reamps is fucked up because I did the mistake of reamp 2 DI's togheter instead of only the Right one :\.... so I can't use Recto + Marshall anymore (I can't use it only in 2 songs)..
Ok...I have another 3 options...so let's go with 6505+Marshall and 6505+Mesa......I found another very good guitar sound. But.......
At the end of one song this happened: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1436721/Phase problem.mp3
This is the Left channel of 2 reamps....in one of them something happens and it generate that out of phase sound...
Don't know what happened...it's like the phase flipped in some weird way by itself...but the problem is that if I zoom the tracks, they are IN PHASE.
:rolleyes:

Of course I can't use also this reamp........so now I can use only the 6505+Marshall and Mesa+Mesa....of course the worst combination in my case.
Another solution could be to ask the guitarist if he can come another time to do the 6505+Mesa reamp....just in case...

Anyway.......WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Oh....of course, yesterday I came home and I found that my car have a water leak. :zombie:

The problem is that it didn't change the sound when I reamped the one that flipped the phase by itself.....and I was there listening.
Ok I did the mistake of the double DI reamp....but the rest, holy jesus. :D

On the mp3 you posted I can fix the issue it if you need help.
Anyway you can cut a piece before the fucked up part, reverse it (like played in reverse), paste it where needed. Maybe it can fix it.
I don't tell you what I had to do in the past when guitarists didn't hold chords for the time needed. I always I had to use my magics lol

The problem is that if I zoom the tracks when the "shift" happens.......the wave is in phase, there isn't a flip of phase.... it's only an acoustic flip. Very weird shit