When should someone move out of their parents' house?

When should you move out?

• When you're 18

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • When you are finished with school and get a job

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • When you are emotionally, psychologically and financially ready

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Mooch as long as you can!

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, some parents are like that. The mother of a friend of mine said "Once you turn 18, you're not my child anymore and I want you out of the house!". In the end, she didnt throw her out, but the mother is definitely crazy.

i more had the impression that my parents didnt really want me to go live by my own at some point.

Thats totally inhuman to kick someone out like that... at 18, you cant have enough money and time to rent something, work and study at the same time...

Eh. Whenever I feel ready/need to leave. I don't have a problem here and get a long great with mah parents

It depends on what you're pursuing. If you bypass school, living with your parents for the first few months to ensure that you're financially stable is likely the best idea. I personally moved away for school at 18 and have found that my relationship with my parents have vastly improved. I haven't moved away completely, since I still have a room and things there, but it's mostly just a back-up. It's nice that way, but emotionally I think it's best to move out near 18, if possible. Once you become mature enough and set in what you want for your life, living with parents just creates tension when they try to influence your life too much. Besides, there are some things that parents are better off not knowing, like most of my current friends. In fact, friendship is far more enjoyable when you arne't living with family, at least for me.

My dorky science teacher from 7th grade lives with his parents (I think). He's also in his early 20's and balding, also really loud.

i moved out as soon as I turned 18. I'm going to go to college, but I'm going to do it without sponging off my parents. My brother in law finally graduated from a local community college at 23 years old, for graphic design. Now he talks down to everyone who hasn't gone to college even though he is 23 and still sponging off of his parents (who can barely afford to pay their rent) God I hate him.

Never, BUT make sure your names on the :yell:FARKIN WILL...:lol:

PEOPLES..Save as much $money$$$ as you can whilst you live at home, IF you have enough to buy a house, buy one, but don't tell the FAMILY, rent that house out to buy another HOUSE.....:cry:I WISH.

Yes people just like MONOPOLY...:lol: BUT if you tell ya mates, they all would wont to move out of home and stay in one of yours, just remember PEOPLES SQUATTERS RIGHTS :yell:NO FARKIN WAY...BE-ATCH'S....:lol: :yell:GET THE FCK OUT OF MY HOUSE..:lol:

No more friends:cry:

PEOPLES monopoly is like the real deal, you earn the money to buy the land...you buy the land to build a house...you build your house to make you money...you make your money to buy another house...but just watch out for the hidden charges...:lol:

PEOPLES you can't do this in the BIG world, as you have high rents, pay your own electic bills, food bills, phone bills, water bills, but at home PEOPLES you wouldn't be paying no where near as much as you would in the real world, why pay for someone else's house off, save for your own house.

I hope that made sence....:kickass:

cheers :kickass:maiden1

as soon as possible. I ran away from home when I was 15,6 months later the police brought me back to my parents house and I was put in a mental institution.Being a youngster sucked ass!

I ran away last year. Cops are so stupid, I ran across the street and one decided to go around a loop to try and catch me there and then it took her 10 minutes to realize I tricked her and was still walking where I was originally walking.