When will Saxon come back to the U.S.?

racerd

New Metal Member
Jul 21, 2003
Hello. I'm new to the board and live in Texas. I'm a big Saxon fan and wish they would make another U.S. tour. I think the last time they were here in Texas was in 1999 for the Unleash the Beast tour. It was a rather small venue and the show was great. The best part was we got to go on the tour bus and get autographs and meet the band before leaving.

Sure would like to see them again. Any news for the U.S. fans? ;-)

Thanks!

Well darn...I guess I missed that one. You never hear about it and have to stay on top of when they are here. It seems they always play Dallas though and have some big fans here. We should get a note to the band and ask them to put us on their list. ;-)

I'm here in New Jersey keeping my fingers crossed for a U.S. tour too. I look here at the Saxon site every few weeks for updates. That's really the only way to find out show dates. There is no U.S. commercial radio station support for Saxon. Maybe college or public supported stations (under 92 on the dial). We're on our own to do the marketing for them. Maybe next year for the next album tour.

yeah, I've heared the San Antonio CD from HMT. Once. That's enough for me. It sounds like the microphone was inside a tin can. I prefer the studio recordings. Anyway, I did catch the New Jersey show in 2001. I figure there was about 700 to 1000 people in the main stage for the Saxon show. People seemed interested. The festival shows are great because you get to see a lot of bands. The Maiden/Dio/Motorhead/Saxon lineup for the Spain festival sounds really cool. Maiden/Dio/Motorhead are touring the U.S. together this summer for triple bill shows at 3,000 to 5,000 seat outdoor ampetheater venues. Too bas Saxon couldnt make it.

mveneck said:
yeah, I've heared the San Antonio CD from HMT. Once. That's enough for me. It sounds like the microphone was inside a tin can. I prefer the studio recordings. Anyway, I did catch the New Jersey show in 2001. I figure there was about 700 to 1000 people in the main stage for the Saxon show. People seemed interested. The festival shows are great because you get to see a lot of bands. The Maiden/Dio/Motorhead/Saxon lineup for the Spain festival sounds really cool. Maiden/Dio/Motorhead are touring the U.S. together this summer for triple bill shows at 3,000 to 5,000 seat outdoor ampetheater venues. Too bas Saxon couldnt make it.

Maybe Saxon can tour the U.S. next year with Judas Priest. That would be killer. Priest/Saxon and one more opening act.

I was lucky enough to catch them in NJ on the last tour and in Long Island. Both nights were killer and I got to meet the band the 2nd night. Saxon can't get here soon enough IMO.