SAXON "MAY" DO OZZFEST AND/OR TOUR WITH MAIDEN

S

Scott Stinnett

I had the opportunity to briefly speak with Biff before the show in Chicago at the House Of Blues. I thanked him for coming over to the states and playing for us and mentioned that we need to get them into an arena over here. Biff agreed and told me that they "may" do OZZFEST next year and that "maybe" they will do a tour with Iron Maiden. He didn't say but my guess would be that a tour with Maiden would take place in 2002 if it happens. Saxon on the OZZFEST bill in 2001 would be awsome. I would finally have a reason to go. A Saxon/Maiden tour would be the ultimate. Either way, it would give Saxon much greater exposure here in the states which they so badly deserve. True heavy metal is alive and well. We just need to help get it back to the forefront of the music scene. Keep in mind, Biff wasn't confirming anything, but, it's definitly something to hope for Saxon fans. We need to spread the word about this truely great band and get them back in the states for a longer tour. Saxon are one of the greatest and it's time the U.S. treats them as such.

VERY WELL SAID!! I was able to catch them this year at L`amours in Brooklyn NY! Great show! They were perhaps the loudest show I saw this year! My ears rang for 3 days! Mind you, I saw Maiden, Queensryche, and Halford 4 times within 12 days and my ears didn`t ring as much or as long! I also saw Halford 2 times in one week! Same story there as well! A Maiden/Saxon show would be KILLER! Saxon at Ozzfest would also give me the same the reason to go to that! I`d go just to see Saxon only!

Nooooooooooo!!! Please don't do the Ozzfest and get heaped on a bill playing with shite bands for months. What you realy need to do is BIFFFEST!! Can you imagine A REAL METAL bill of say, Saxon, Motorhead, Hammerfall, Helloween, Udo and Blaze, crushing all before them. Also the Ozzfest can never be bothered to play the U.K. as "OZZY can't afford it" or some other bollocks excuse he comes out with on a regular basis. Saxon did play with Maiden in Europe this year and as Maiden are winding up there tour now I don't think we'll see Maiden and Saxon together for some time.

I don't think Ozzfest would be a good idea. SAXON would have to play a short set and they would probably end up on the 2nd stage!!!!

SAXON and IRON MAIDEN would be the ultimate show!!! The fans here in the US need a show like that. Of course SAXON coming back and playing a club near me wouldn't be so bad either. I missed them on their last outing to America.

But I truly belive that Ozzfest is not the right tour for SAXON.

I agree Ozzfest would be a disaster remember what happened to Motorhead they got main bill on the second stage and came on at 5:00pm and only played 30min it woiuldn't be worth seeing Saxon for that long but the Maiden thing would be awesome cause both bands never came my way on their last tours here but they have before so were due.

Oh Man, that would be a disaster!! Saxon sharing the stage with all of the crappy "new metal" bands at Ozzfest. Saxon has too much class to be with that trash!!
Touring with Maiden?? That would kick ass!! Also, the idea of "Biff-fest"is cool!!
Would really love to see them on a double bill with AC/DC!! But we all know that it will probably never happen..

ROCK ON MY FRIEND!!!

KEVINDIEZ

Finally someone else out there that understands! I couldn't have put it better myself!

It has been almost a year since I placed this post here and I have enjoyed reading the responses. I would agree that a tour with Maiden would be the better option than Ozzfest. However, I read on the Maiden site that their next album is not due until 2003. Therefore, a tour is not likely until then as well. The positive thing about Saxon on Ozzfest, in my opinion, is that it may help bring Tru-Metal more to the forefront here in the states. Granted, that would mean being on the same bill as a lot of Nu-Metal/Rap Metal crap but one way for Tru-Metal to begin to knock the crap bands on their collective asses is for bands like Saxon to begin to invade those festivals etc. that promote Nu-Metal and introduce or re-introduce REAL heavy metal music to the audiences. Better record company/radio promotion would help as well. However, since Ozzfest is over, Saxon obviously did not play it this year. I certainly hope that Saxon can find a way to do a more comprehensive tour of the states for "Killing Ground". Perhaps as part of a package deal with someone. It's high time Tru-Metal makes a come back in the states and Saxon is one of those bands that could get the ball rolling provided they catch a break. It's not going to be easy that's for sure. I cannot wait for all Nu-Metal bands to die off and go far, far away.