When Worlds Collide sampler

Did anyone else give this a listen to yet?

Aside fromt he obvious tracks from Symphony X, Evergrey and Star One.. the 2 that jumped out at me the most was OSI "OSI" and Conspiracy "Conspiracy"..

The Conspiracy song blew me away, to me it sounds very 80s.. kinda like Yes meets Police head on with some modern metal mushing with 80s New Wave... I know that's a weird description, but that's what I hear and I like it.

Does anyone know anything at all about the rest of the Conspiracy album as well as the OSI?

ok, no joke here, I just checked the Laser's Edge site for the Conspiracy album and here's a cut+paste of their description..

-begin paste-
New sideproject from Yes bassist Chris Squire and sometimes Yes sideman Billy Sherwood. Stylistically this has a modern sound that reminds me a bit of some of Yes' more recent work.
-end paste-

"sometimes I even amaze myself"
-Han Solo, captain of the Millenium Falcon

I was actually slightly let down by the OSI album. I mean... it's pretty good. But when you put Portnoy, Kevin Moore, and Jim Matheos and put them in a band I guess I had pretty high expectations

Have to admit that of the bands whose albums I hadn't heard on that disk, the one that lept out at me was also Conspiracy - Didn't expect Billy Sherwood and Chris Squire to have produced anything that tasty.

chazzyf said:
Have to admit that of the bands whose albums I hadn't heard on that disk, the one that lept out at me was also Conspiracy - Didn't expect Billy Sherwood and Chris Squire to have produced anything that tasty.
It was almost like having another World Trade album....except it was a World Trade album on steroids. There are hooks galore on this affair. Definitely an album that will receive little press because it doesn't fit in so many places, but a tour de force from Billy Sherwood and Chris Squire. I can only hope that a follow up is half as good as this release.

Call it a title that has smoked my cd player a few times since getting it.

Glenn