When you really wanna sing...

14-herbert-father.jpg

I'm all about AIC and Soundgarden...Pantera if the crowd needs it.

A friend was covering Cowboys from Hell in a show and forgot the lyrics...he threw me the mic and I jumped on the stage and finished the song a la Phil Anselmo mimic. It was pretty spot on, too. Phil and I are both from the same area in La. so we have the same inflection and accent, although my accent has all but disappeared since living abroad.

I've been working on my Anaal Nathrakh cleans and Garm cleans...which are both pretty much similar. I'm pretty good at it, actually. I don't know why I never became a real singer, just singing here and there in small bands. I've always gravitated towards the guitar, I guess. Now that I have to do both for Skylab, I'd much rather just play than sing as well.

Jeez, it changes constantly for me. I do tend to stick with a lot of my favorites, Queensryche, Nevermore, Fates Warning, Marillion, Maiden, Priest. Sometimes I get in moods so it could be like 50s or 60s tunes to Sarah MacLaclan to Journey to various types of metal. I'm all over the place. My house has awesome reverb so screams sound great! I wonder what the people next door think is going on LOL.

I just like to wail out high-pitched falsetto screams to annoy my girlfriend. you know, get the ol' halford voice going.

bloodbath - cry my name

bloodbath - eaten

devourment - serial cocksucker

death - pull the plug

mayhem - funeral fog

mayhem - view from nihil

emperor - with strength i burn

keep of kalessin - crown of the kings

into eternity - beginning of the end

these are my favorite songs to warm up to before my band plays and when i'm in the nude, alone at my house

Anything Devin Townsend. Especially Ocean Machine.

And this too:

Last edited by a moderator: