Where Are Obituary's Frozen In Time Lyrics At?

Well I respect them to the extent that they played a pretty definitive style of USDM before anyone else, but...still. Blech.

Stormwatch said:
That much is obvious. Now post something you don't need to edit five minutes later.

I'm not going to edit this!

watch me

Carcassian said:
Coming from a Mithras fan? Oh! Cruel irony!

Quiet you :p

I like the atmosphere Mithras portrays a lot, I could give a fuck where their riffs are stolen from; they do what they do well (and pretty originally despite being a ripoff in terms of riffs and drumming style).

I steal riff concepts all the time, but no one gives a shit so it's ok. I steal my own riffs also.

They have, if you have heard the sample on their Myspace.

The ambience makes that album what it is; I feel like that album has a shit-ton more personality than lots of death metal due to the epic/atmospheric feel.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
...how? It's atmospheric death metal.
Yeah, I guess it is. But really, how can someone rip off Morbid Angel THAT much and still get away with it?

Well I definitely think they ADDED to the formula...I mean listen to all the spacy solos, ambient sections, epic riffs, etc. It's definitely way better than fucking Heretic. Also the first Mithras album has some excellent epic moments that remind me of Final Fantasy Tactics or something.