Where are the Whitesnake clones?

Richie Sambora - Stranger in this Town

This is a very bluesy album and I do hear some Coverdale Influence.

Surely you've heard Coverdale / Page

Thunder - Clone-ish? Maybe...but there's no doubt that Backstreet Symphony is a classic.

Paul Shortino/J.K. Northrup - Paul just has that voice that no matter what he does it comes through as bluesy. He & J.K. have done some great material...Afterlife.

Jake E. Lee - his latest one, Retraced, is fantastic. Classic blues covers with a very good singer.

Without Warning - Want some prog metal with a blues tinged vocalist? Here you go...Believe is their best. Too bad their not around anymore.

Lionsheart - Yep, clone-ish, but Steve Grimmett can wail...Under Fire.

Look for anything by KEN TAMPLIN especially his Christian Metal band SHOUT.

Listen to the song "Borderline" and you'll swear its Coverdale.

Perhaps my original post was a bit misleading. I'm looking for the Whitesnake bluesy sound as opposed to just a bluesy style. That may be a fine line, but I dare to tread it. I checked on the bands I haven't heard in this thread and got the following results:

Ken Tamplin/Shout- This does indeed have a nice Whitesnake sound (including vocals) going on. However, it is does crossover over into full blown AOR at times. You can download both Shout albums for free (donation asked) at his website.

Watchmen- I watched the video on You Tube and downloaded the 3 samples at their website. THIS FUCKING SMOKES and is exactly what I'm looking for in a blessed clone.

Bad Moon Rising- Ordered the collection from Neh.

Red Sea- Still looking for some audio clips.

I'm always on the look out for some good bluesy style rock/metal with a hook ala Whitesnake.
Are you suggesting that Badlands was either influenced by or a clone of Whitesnake? I always felt that Badlands was merely drawing from the same inspriational well as Whitesnake (a well named "Led Zeppelin").

By the way, the simple fact that Badlands weren't selling out football stadiums is proof positive that people have lousy taste in music.

Zod

NP: The River:kickass:

Glenn, have you listened to both Badlands bands? You might like the other one (one without Jake Lee).

Are you suggesting that Badlands was either influenced by or a clone of Whitesnake?

Hell no. I listed them because I plant them in the same genre & class as due to the bluesy style musically they share with older (my favorite era) Whitesnake. What I am suggesting is that just because you have a singer with a bluesy voice, a harmonica, or a simple British 70's rock riff, you are not in the style I am after. While I enjoy listening to Artension and some Joe Lynn Turner, while I tap my foot to the Great White harmonica, and while I enjoy the Shakra riffs, I don't *love* them like I do the Snake (and Badlands for that matter).

Hell no. I listed them because I plant them in the same genre & class as due to the bluesy style musically they share with older (my favorite era) Whitesnake.
Cool.

What I am suggesting is that just because you have a singer with a bluesy voice, a harmonica, or a simple British 70's rock riff, you are not in the style I am after. While I enjoy listening to Artension and some Joe Lynn Turner, while I tap my foot to the Great White harmonica, and while I enjoy the Shakra riffs, I don't *love* them like I do the Snake (and Badlands for that matter).
Agreed.

Zod

By the way, the simple fact that Badlands weren't selling out football stadiums is proof positive that people have lousy taste in music.

NP: The River:kickass:

AMEN BROTHER! I'm glad that this band gets the props they deserve on this board, because most people don't know who the hell they are! :headbang:

I'm not referring to the members of this board as most people, but just music fans in general.