Where do I begin?

bige2118

Guillotine Guitar
Well, MetalAges makes a good point, so I'll start that off here. Basically our biggest dilemma now is our upcoming Jaxx show (on Friday!!!). The show should be awesome, but ticket sales are a hard thing for a band to do, especially when tickets are expensive, and the main headliner isnt too overly popular (at least for our crowd and to our friends). We promised the owner of Jaxx to sell 50, so we have to give him the money, regardless of how many we sell. Tickets being $25 a piece, that totals out to $1250 dollars. Basically, what I'm trying to say here is starting out as a band with few friends and making promises you probably can't live up to is hard.

circus_brimstone said:
How many tickets have you sold thus far?

If I had to guess 20 or 25. Reason I can't give an exact amount is because I got a call from Jaxx's owner asking for $500 of the $1250 a couple weeks ago, apparently he needed extra cash to pay bills or something. A little unprofessional if you ask me, but whatever. Also, were not selling them for full price to most people, $25 is pretty steep. Hopefully all this will pay off in the end, time will tell.

MetalAges said:
Cool! Yeah I remember back in the day we had to sell a certain amount of tickets for there as well. A necessary evil I'm afraid.

Yeah that part isn't cool at all, but it has to be done. It's funny though, we felt like we did great, yet the response hasn't been very good, not as good as before when we had growl vocals and were worse as a band. Perhaps because of the style contrast of Therion and the rest of the bands and us?

When do you guy's have to sell them buy? I dunno how many i could get up this way but hell we have some die hard metal heads up this way. and about the promises you guys have to make some to get started. In a way it's kinda like makin a deal with the devil and hopin to hell everything turns out right, lol