Where have the melodic death metallers gone?

eihsahn

New Metal Member
Jan 20, 2004
Gates of Ishtar, playing a melodic brand of death metal and hailing from Sweeden haven't released any music or even updated their website since the release of their last album, At Dusk and Forever in 1998! Has anyone heard anything about what's going on with them. Any information would be appreciated.

that band broke up a long time ago. but the guitarists have a new band. you can check them out here

eihsahn said:
Gates of Ishtar, playing a melodic brand of death metal and hailing from Sweeden haven't released any music or even updated their website since the release of their last album, At Dusk and Forever in 1998! Has anyone heard anything about what's going on with them. Any information would be appreciated.

Theres a lot of great melodic death metal out there, as long as you don't have the idea that bands have to sound like Soilwork or In Flames to be melodic death metal (personally I don't think the term melodic death metal fits them at all....).... bands like Amon Amarth, Vehemence, etc....

SunlapseVertigo said:
Theres a lot of great melodic death metal out there, as long as you don't have the idea that bands have to sound like Soilwork or In Flames to be melodic death metal (personally I don't think the term melodic death metal fits them at all....).... bands like Amon Amarth, Vehemence, etc....

The only reason I try and label Gates of Ishtar at all is simply to identify them. I know that there aren't any other bands with that name, but whatever category you put them in dosent mean a damn thing, as long as its in the heavy metal category. Amon Amarth happens to be one of my favorite bands. I may be new to this forum but i have been listening to metal for a long, long time.

eihsahn said:
The only reason I try and label Gates of Ishtar at all is simply to identify them. I know that there aren't any other bands with that name, but whatever category you put them in dosent mean a damn thing, as long as its in the heavy metal category. Amon Amarth happens to be one of my favorite bands. I may be new to this forum but i have been listening to metal for a long, long time.
oh no its okay, I was kinda saying that as a general statement towards most, as when someone mentions melodeath they say something like "oh i don't listen to that gay crap" with In Flames or something in their mind. In Flames and Soilwork are 2 of my favorite bands ever, but I think a band like Amon Amarth fits the tag Melodic Death more than In Flames. I just like to make my opinion on that clear to everyone.

Need some help and i may as well post it here, as its kinda related. Need to know which vehemence album(s) to get? plus the vehemence website. I found "god was created" on amazon but it doesnt have any reviews so im not sure how good it is..

Thanks